If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Bailey, Jo Daugherty; Expectations of the Consequences of New International adoption Policy in the U.S.; Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare; June 2009; Vol. 36; Issue 2; p 169
- Barth, Richard, Crea, Thomas, John, Karen, Thoburn, June & David Quinton; Beyond attachment theory and therapy: towards sensitive and evidence-based interventions with foster and adoptive families in distress; Child & Family Social Work; Nov 2005; Vol. 10; Issue 4.
- Briggs, Stephen & Liz Webb; Matching and mismatching in teenage adoptions: implications of the adoption act for practice; Journal of Social Work Practice; Jul 2004; Vol. 18; Issue 2.
- Dennis, Alicia. The Little Couple Our Adoption Journey. People. 5/13/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p96. 1p.
- Finley, Gordon & Lyndon, Aguiar; The effects of children on parents: adoptee genetic dispositions and adoptive parent psychopathology; Journal of Genetic Psychology; Dec 2002; Vol. 163; Issue 4.
- Foster Care Transition Toolkit. United States Department of Education. May 2016.
- Harf, Aurélie; Skandrani, Sara; Radjack, Rahmeth; Sibeoni, Jordan; Moro, Marie Rose; Revah-Levy, Anne. First Parent-Child Meetings in International Adoptions: A Qualitative Study. PLoS ONE. Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1-8.
- Herman, Ellen; Child adoption in a therapeutic culture; Society; Jan/Feb 2002; Vol. 39; Issue 2.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Joyce, Kathryn; Shotgun Adoption; Nation; September 2009; Vol. 289; Issue 7; p 20
- Keefer, Betsy and Jayne E. Schooler. Telling to Truth to Your Adopted or Foster Child. Bergin and Garvey. Westport, CT: 2000.
- Keating, Susan; Egan, Nicole Weisensee. An Unbreakable Family. People. 9/16/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p60. 1p. 2 Color Photographs
- Macdonald, Mandi; Mcsherry, Dominic. Constrained adoptive parenthood and family transition: adopters' experience of unplanned birth family contact in adolescence. Child & Family Social Work. Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p87-96.
- McDonald, Thomas, Propp, Jennifer & Kimberlee Murphy; The postadoption experience: child, parent, and family predictors of family adjustment to adoption; Child Welfare; Jan/Feb 2001; Vol. 80; Issue 1.
- McGlore, Katalina, Santos, Linda, Kazama, Lynne, Fong, Rowena & Charles Mueller; Psychological stress in adoptive parents of special-needs children; Child Welfare; Mar/Apr 2002; Vol. 81; Issue 2.
- Olson, Christine L.; Second-Class Families: Interstate Recognition of Queer Adoption; Family Law Quarterly; April 2009; Vol. 4; Issue 1; p 161
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Siegel, Deborah H. Open Adoption: Adoptive Parents' Reactions Two Decades Later. Social Work. Jan2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p43-52.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61
- Vonk, Elizabeth; Cultural competence for transracial adoptive parents; Social Work; Jul 2001; Vol. 46; Issue 3.