|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Abramson, Edward; "Emotional Eating: A Practical Guide to Taking Control"; Lexington Books; New York, NY; 1993
- Bannon, Katie L.; Hunter-Reel, Dorian; Wilson, G. Terence; Karlin, Robert A.; The Effects of Causal Beliefs and Binge Eating on the Stigmatization of Obesity; International Journal of Eating Disorders; 2009-03; Vol. 42; Issue 2
- Boskind-White, Marlene, Ph.D. & White, William C. Ph.D.; "Bulimia Anorexia: The Binge/Purge Cycle and Self-Starvation"; W.W. Norton & Company; New York, NY; 2000
- Claude-Pierre, Peggy; "The Secret Language of Eating Disorders"; Random House Inc; New York NY; 1997
- Danowski, Debbie & Lazaro, Pedro, M.D.; "Why Can’t I Stop Eting?: Recognizing, Understanding, and Overcoming Food Addiction"; Hazelden Information & Educational Services; Center City, MN; 2000
- Eating Disorders; Eating Disorders: Anorexia and Bulimia; (A.D.A.M.); 2002.
- Erford, Bradley T.; Richards, Taryn; Peacock, Elizabeth; Voith, Karen; McGair, Heather; Muller, Brooke; Duncan, Kelly; Chang, Catherine Y. Counseling and Guided Self-Help Outcomes for Clients With Bulimia Nervosa: A Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials From 1980 to 2010. Journal of Counseling & Development. Apr2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p152-172. 21p. 1 Diagram, 5 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/j.1556-6676.2013.00083.x.
- Harvard Mental Health Letter; Treatment of bulimia and binge eating; Jul 2002; Vol. 19; Issue 1.
- Hirschmann, Jane R. & Munter, Carol H.; "Overcoming Overeating: At Last! A Book to Help You Break Out of the Diet/Binge Cycle—and Lose Weight Naturally"; Addison-Wesley Publishing Company Inc.; New York, NY; 1989
- Lam, Danny; Cognitive behavioral therapy to treating bulimia nervosa: a case study; Counseling Psychology Quarterly; Mar 2001; Vol. 14; Issue 1.
- Le Grange, Danieal, Lock, James, & Maureen Dymek; Family-based therapy for adolescents with bulimia nervosa; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2003; Vol. 57; Issue 2.
-Mantle, Fiona; Eating disorders: the role of hypnosis; Paediatric Nursing; Sept 2003; Vol. 15; Issue 7.
- Ray, Shannon; Eating disorders in adolescent males; Professional School Counseling; Oct 2004; Vol. 8; Issue 1.
- Stout, Eric, & Marsh Wiggins Frame; Body image disorder in adolescent males; strategies for school counselors; Professional School Counseling; Dec 2004; Vol. 8; Issue 2.
- White, Marney A., Masheb, Robin M., Grilo, Carlos M.; Regimented and Lifestyle Restraint in Binge Eating Disorder; International Journal of Eating Disorders; 2009-05; Vol. 42; Issue 4
- Wilson, G. Terence; Sysko, Robyn; Frequency of Binge Eating Episodes in Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder: Diagnostic Considerations; International Journal of Eating Disorders; 2009-11; Vol. 42; Issue 7
Others who bought this Eating Disorders Course
Booklet for this course | Eating Disorders
Forward to Section 32
Back to Section 30
Table of Contents
In a new study, researchers used behavioral weight loss treatment and problem-solving therapy with as-needed antidepressant medication to fight obesity and depressive symptoms, compared to routine physician care. The findings...
New research suggests that a woman whose partner regularly watches pornography is more likely to report symptoms of an eating disorder, such as extreme guilt about eating, preoccupation with body...
Young children with a persistently low body mass index (BMI) may be at greater risk for developing anorexia nervosa in adolescence, according to a new population-based study published in the...
Victims of sexual abuse or bullying tend to have a lower quality of life similar to people living with chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, depression or severe anxiety,...
Emerging research suggest that children who are genetically predisposed to be overweight due to common gene variants can still lose weight by changing their diet and exercise habits. Pediatric obesity...
CEU Continuing Education for
Social Work CEUs, Psychology CEUs, Counselor CEUs, MFT CEUs