Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Barlow, D. H., & Kennedy, K. A. (2016). New approaches to diagnosis and treatment in anxiety and related emotional disorders: A focus on temperament. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie canadienne, 57(1), 8–20.
Boswell, J. F., Iles, B. R., Gallagher, M. W., & Farchione, T. J. (2017). Behavioral activation strategies in cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders. Psychotherapy, 54(3), 231–236.
Bowler, J. O., Mackintosh, B., Dunn, B. D., Mathews, A., Dalgleish, T., & Hoppitt, L. (2012). A comparison of cognitive bias modification for interpretation and computerized cognitive behavior therapy: Effects on anxiety, depression, attentional control, and interpretive bias. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 80(6), 1021–1033.
Carleton, R. N., Gosselin, P., & Asmundson, G. J. G. (2010). The Intolerance of Uncertainty Index: Replication and extension with an English sample. Psychological Assessment, 22(2), 396–406.
Craske, M. G., Niles, A. N., Burklund, L. J., Wolitzky-Taylor, K. B., Vilardaga, J. C. P., Arch, J. J., Saxbe, D. E., & Lieberman, M. D. (2014). Randomized controlled trial of cognitive behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy for social phobia: Outcomes and moderators. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 82(6), 1034–1048.
Endrass, T., Riesel, A., Kathmann, N., & Buhlmann, U. (2014). Performance monitoring in obsessive–compulsive disorder and social anxiety disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 123(4), 705–714.
Fergus, T. A. (2013). A comparison of three self-report measures of intolerance of uncertainty: An examination of structure and incremental explanatory power in a community sample. Psychological Assessment, 25(4), 1322–1331.
Gaudiano, B. A. (2010). Evaluating acceptance and commitment therapy: An analysis of a recent critique. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 5(3-4), 311–329.
Goldin, P. R., Ziv, M., Jazaieri, H., Werner, K., Kraemer, H., Heimberg, R. G., & Gross, J. J. (2012). Cognitive reappraisal self-efficacy mediates the effects of individual cognitive-behavioral therapy for social anxiety disorder. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 80(6), 1034–1040.
Hong, N., & del Busto, C. T. (2020). Collaboration, scaffolding, and successive approximations: A developmental science approach to training in clinical psychology. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 14(3), 228–234.
Hong, R. Y., & Lee, S. S. M. (2015). Further clarifying prospective and inhibitory intolerance of uncertainty: Factorial and construct validity of test scores from the Intolerance of Uncertainty Scale. Psychological Assessment, 27(2), 605–620.
McCabe, R. E. (2015). Review of The mindfulness and acceptance workbook for social anxiety and shyness: Using acceptance and commitment therapy to free yourself from fear and reclaim your life [Review of the book The mindfulness and acceptance workbook for social anxiety and shyness: Using acceptance and commitment therapy to free yourself from fear and reclaim your life, by J. E. Fleming & N. L. Kocovski]. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie canadienne, 56(1), 152–153.
Menzies, R. E., & Dar-Nimrod, I. (2017). Death anxiety and its relationship with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126(4), 367–377.
Ossola, P., Gerra, M. L., De Panfilis, C., Tonna, M., & Marchesi, C. (2018). Anxiety, depression, and cardiac outcomes after a first diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome. Health Psychology, 37(12), 1115–1122.
Ruscio, A. M. (2010). The latent structure of social anxiety disorder: Consequences of shifting to a dimensional diagnosis. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 119(4), 662–671.
Schoendorff, B., & Steinwachs, J. (2012). Using Functional Analytic Therapy to train therapists in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, a conceptual and practical framework. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 7(2-3), 135–137.
Weaver, A., & Himle, J. A. (2017). Cognitive–behavioral therapy for depression and anxiety disorders in rural settings: A review of the literature. Journal of Rural Mental Health, 41(3), 189–221.
Weinberg, A., Kotov, R., & Proudfit, G. H. (2015). Neural indicators of error processing in generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and major depressive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 124(1), 172–185.
- Andrea, Helene;Ute Bültmann; Ludovic G. P. M. Van Amelsvoort; Ymert Kant, The incidence of anxiety and depression among employees—the role of psychosocial work characteristic, Depression & Aniety, Nov2009, Vol. 26, Issue 11, p 1040
- Bourgault-Fagnou, Michelle D. & Heather D. Hadjistavropoulos, Understanding health anxiety among community dwelling seniors with varying degrees of frailty, Aging & Mental Health, March2009, Vol 13, Issue 2, p 226
- Caporino, Nicole E.; et.al., Defining Treatment Response and Remission in Child Anxiety: Signal Detection Analysis Using the Pediatric Anxiety Rating Scale, Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Jan2013, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p57-67. 11p.
- Chamberlain, Lance D.; Norton, Peter J., An Evaluation of the Effects of Diagnostic Composition on Individual Treatment Outcome Within Transdiagnostic Cognitive–Behavioral Group
Therapy for Anxiety, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. 2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p56-63. 8p.
- Harvard Mental Health Letter, Jan2003.
- Harvard Mental Health Letter, Jan2007.
- Kennedy, Barbara L., Schwab, John J., Southern Medical Journal, Dec2002.
- Knapen J, Disability And Rehabilitation, 2003.
- Lesure-Lester, G. Evelyn, College Student Journal, Jun2001.
- Lundkvist-Houndoumadi, Irene; Thastum, Mikael. A "Cool Kids" Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Group for Youth with Anxiety Disorders: Part 1, The Case of Erik. PCSP: Pragmatic Case Studies in Psychotherapy. 2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p122-178. 57p.
-Manassis, Katharina, Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Oct2000
- Mogoase, Cristina; Podina, Ioana R.; Sucala, Mădălina; Dobrean, Anca. Evaluating the Unique Contribution of Irrational Beliefs and Negative Bias Interpretations in Predicting Child Anxiety. Implications for Cognitive Bias Modifications Interventions. Journal of Cognitive & Behavioral Psychotherapies. Nov2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2a, p465-475. 11p.
- Nakamura, Brad J.; Sarah L. Pestle; Bruce F. Chorpita, Differential Sequencing of Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques for Reducing Child and Adolescent Anxiety, Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, Vol. 23, Issue 2, p 114
- Owens, K. M. B., Hadjistavropoulos, T., Asmundson, G. J. G., Aging & Mental Health, Nov2000.
- Pereira, Ana; Barros, Luisa; Mendonça, Denisa; Muris, Peter. The Relationships Among Parental Anxiety, Parenting, and Children's Anxiety: The Mediating Effects of Children's Cognitive Vulnerabilities. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Feb2014, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p399-409. 11p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-013-9767-5
- Peter, Helmut, Hand, Iver, Hohagen, Fritz, Koenig, Anne, Mindermann, Olaf, Oeder, Frank, Wittich, Markus, Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Aug2002.
- Santucci, Lauren; Ehrenreich-May, Jill. A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Child Anxiety Multi-Day Program (CAMP) for Separation Anxiety Disorder. Child Psychiatry & Human Development. Jun2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p439-451. 13p. DOI: 10.1007/s10578-012-0338-6.
- Schaffer, Ayal, Levitt, Anthony J, Bagby, R Michael, Kennedy, Sidney H, Levitan, Robert D, Joffe, Russell T, Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 07067437, Nov2000.
- Scott EL, Depression And Anxiety, 2002.
- Singareddy R, Moin, Ali, Spurlock, Lisa, Merritt-Davis, Orlena, Uhde, Thomas W. Depression And Anxiety, 2003.
- Stallard, Paul; Taylor, Gordon; Anderson, Rob; Daniels, Harry; Simpson, Neil; Phillips, Rhiannon; Skryabina, Elena. The prevention of anxiety in children through school-based interventions: study protocol for a 24-month follow-up of the PACES project. Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-6. 6p. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-77.
- Steinan, Mette Kvisten; Krane-Gartiser, Karoline; Langsrud, Knut; Sand, Trond; Kallestad, Håvard; Morken, Gunnar. Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia in euthymic bipolar disorder: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-15. 15p. 1 Diagram, 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-24.
- Stikkelbroek, Yvonne; Bodden, Denise H. M.; Deković, Maja; van Baar, Anneloes L. Effectiveness and cost effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) in clinically depressed adolescents: individual CBT versus treatment as usual (TAU). BMC Psychiatry. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-20. 20p. 2 Diagrams, 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-13-314
- VanBuskirk, Katherine; Roesch, Scott; Afari, Niloofar; Wetherell, Julie Loebach. Physical Activity of Patients With Chronic Pain Receiving Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Behaviour Change. Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p131-143. 13p. DOI: 10.1017/bec.2014.6.
- Wigham, Sarah; McConachie, Helen. Systematic Review of the Properties of Tools Used to Measure Outcomes in Anxiety Intervention Studies for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. PLoS ONE. Jan2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1-17. 17p. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085268.
- Yongmei Hou; Peicheng Hu; Yongmei Zhang; Qiaoyun Lu; Dandan Wang; Ling Yin; Yaoqi Chen; Xiaobo Zou. Cognitive behavioral therapy in combination with systemic family therapy improves mild to moderate postpartum depression. Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria. Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p47-52. 6p. DOI: 10.1590/1516-4446-2013-1170..