Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Barlett, C. P., & Gentile, D. A. (2012). Attacking others online: The formation of cyberbullying in late adolescence. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 1(2), 123–135.
Barlett, C. P., Heath, J. B., Madison, C. S., DeWitt, C. C., & Kirkpatrick, S. M. (2020). You’re not anonymous online: The development and validation of a new cyberbullying intervention curriculum. Psychology of Popular Media, 9(2), 135–144.
Barlett, C. P., Kowalewski, D. A., Kramer, S. S., & Helmstetter, K. M. (2019). Testing the relationship between media violence exposure and cyberbullying perpetration. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 8(3), 280–286.
Barlett, C. P., Prot, S., Anderson, C. A., & Gentile, D. A. (2017). An empirical examination of the strength differential hypothesis in cyberbullying behavior. Psychology of Violence, 7(1), 22–32.
Brailovskaia, J., Ujma, M., Friedrich, S., & Teismann, T. (2020). Thwarted belongingness and perceived burdensomeness mediate the association between bullying and suicide ideation. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 41(2), 136–140.
D'Agata, M. T., & Kwantes, P. J. (2020). Personality factors predicting disinhibited and risky online behaviors. Journal of Individual Differences. Advance online publication.
Gradinger, P., Strohmeier, D., & Spiel, C. (2017). Parents’ and teachers’ opinions on bullying and cyberbullying prevention: The relevance of their own children’s or students’ involvement. Zeitschrift für Psychologie, 225(1), 76–84.
Lindstrom Johnson, S., Waasdorp, T. E., Cash, A. H., Debnam, K. J., Milam, A. J., & Bradshaw, C. P. (2017). Assessing the association between observed school disorganization and school violence: Implications for school climate interventions. Psychology of Violence, 7(2), 181–191.
Mehari, K. R., & Farrell, A. D. (2018). Where does cyberbullying fit? A comparison of competing models of adolescent aggression. Psychology of Violence, 8(1), 31–42.
Mitchell, K. J., Jones, L. M., Turner, H. A., Shattuck, A., & Wolak, J. (2016). The role of technology in peer harassment: Does it amplify harm for youth? Psychology of Violence, 6(2), 193–204.
Patterson, V. C., Closson, L. M., & Patry, M. W. (2019). Legislation awareness, cyberbullying behaviours, and cyber-roles in emerging adults. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science / Revue canadienne des sciences du comportement, 51(1), 12–26.
Sugarman, D. B., & Willoughby, T. (2013). Technology and violence: Conceptual issues raised by the rapidly changing social environment. Psychology of Violence, 3(1), 1–8.
Walters, G. D., & Espelage, D. L. (2018). Cognitive insensitivity and cognitive impulsivity as mediators of bullying continuity: Extending the psychological inertia construct to bullying behavior. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(4), 527–536.
Wyckoff, J. P., Buss, D. M., & Markman, A. B. (2019). Sex differences in victimization and consequences of cyber aggression: An evolutionary perspective. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences, 13(3), 254–264.
Yang, C., Sharkey, J. D., Reed, L. A., & Dowdy, E. (2020). Cyberbullying victimization and student engagement among adolescents: Does school climate matter? School Psychology, 35(2), 158–169.
Zimmerman, A. G., & Ybarra, G. J. (2016). Online aggression: The influences of anonymity and social modeling. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 5(2), 181–193.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Blair, Julie, Education Week, 2/5/2003, Vol. 22, Issue 21
- Braiker PhD, Harriet B.; Who’s Pulling Your Strings? McGraw-Hill: New York; 2004
- Burkhart, Kimberly; Knox, Michele; Brockmyer, Jeanne. Pilot Evaluation of the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program on Children's Bullying Behavior. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Oct2013, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p942-951. 10p.
- Chu, Jeff; You Wanna Take This Online?; Time; 8/8/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 6; p52
- Cooper, Leigh; Nickerson, Amanda. Parent Retrospective Recollections of Bullying and Current Views, Concerns, and Strategies to Cope with Children's Bullying. Journal of Child & Family Studies. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p526-540. 15p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-012-9606-0.
- Didden, Robert; Scholte, Ron H. J.; Korzilius, Hubert; de Moor, Jan M. H.; Vermeulen, Anne; O'Reilly, Mark; Lang, Russell; Lancioni, Giulio E.; Cyberbullying among students with intellectual and developmental disability in special education settings; Developmental Neurorehabilitation, June 2009, Vol 12 Issue 3, p146
- Furlong, Michael J., Morrison, Gale M., Greif, Jennifer L., School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32, Issue 3
- Gillis, Charlie, Maclean's, 00249262, 1/9/2006, Vol. 119, Issue 2
- Hamburger ME, Basile KC, Vivolo AM. Measuring Bullying Victimization, Perpetration, and Bystander Experiences: A Compendium of Assessment Tools. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2011, p. 79-83.
- Harmon, Amy; Internet Gives Teenage Bullies Weapons to Wound from Afar; The New York Times; 8/26/2004
- Hazer PhD, Richard J.; Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Interventions for Bullying and Victimization; Taylor & Francis: Washington, D.C.; 1996
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- Mckenna, Phil, New Scientist, 7/21/2007, Vol. 195, Issue 2613
- Meadows, Bob et al; The Web: The Bully’s New Playground; People; 3/14/2005; Vol. 63; Issue 10; p. 152
- Michael, Borel, Kathryn, Maclean's, 5/24/2004-5/31/2004, Vol. 117, Issue 21/22
- Migliaccio, Todd; Raskauskas, Juliana. Small-Scale Bullying Prevention Discussion Video for Classrooms: A Preliminary Evaluation. Children & Schools. apr2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p71-81. 11p.
- Paulson, Amanda; Internet Bullying; Christian Science Monitor; 12/30/2003
- Picker, Lauren, Good Housekeeping, Mar2006, Vol. 242, Issue 3
-Reeckman, Barbara; Cannard, Laine; Cyberbullying; Youth Studies Australia, June 2009, Vol 28 Issue 2, p41
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Shetgiri, Rashmi; Lin, Hua; Avila, Rosa M.; Flores, Glenn. Parental Characteristics Associated With Bullying Perpetration in US Children Aged 10 to 17 Years. American Journal of Public Health. Dec2012, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p2280-2286. 7p. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2012.300725.
- Smith, Fran, Prevention, Sep2006, Vol. 58, Issue 9
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Snider, Michael and Kathryn Borel; Stalked by a Cyberbully; Maclean’s; 5/24/2004; Vol. 117; Issue 21/22; p. 76
- Snider, Michael; How to Cyberbully-Proof Your Kids; Maclean’s; 5/24/2004; Vol. 117; Issue 21/22; p. 77
-Stover, Del, Education Digest, Dec2006, Vol. 72, Issue 4
- Strom, Paris S., Strom, Robert D., Education Digest, 0013127X, Dec2005, Vol. 71, Issue 4
- Vandebosch, Heidi; Van Cleemput, Katrien; Cyberbullying among youngsters: profiles of bullies and victims; New Media & Society, December 2009, Vol 11 Issue 8, p1349
- Verlinden, Marina; Tiemeier, Henning; Veenstra, René; Mieloo, Cathelijne L.; Jansen, Wilma; Jaddoe, Vincent W. V.; Raat, Hein; Hofman, Albert; Verhulst, Frank C.; Jansen, Pauline W. Television viewing through ages 2-5 years and bullying involvement in early elementary school. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-27. 27p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-157.
- Weinberg, George; Self Creation; St. Martin’s Press: New York; 1978
- Wolfsberg, Jeffrey S., Education Digest, Oct2006, Vol. 72, Issue 2.