- Abinoja, Lisa Doot. Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach. Social Work & Christianity. Summer 2016, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p249-251. 3p.
- Allan, Robert; Ungar, Michael; Eatough, Virginia. 'So I Feel Like I'm Getting It and Then Sometimes I Think OK, No I'm Not': Couple and Family Therapists Learning an Evidence-Based Practice. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy. Mar 2016, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p56-74.
Beck, Robert L. The Couple Assessment Summary: A Bridge from Assessment to Treatment. American Journal of Psychotherapy, Winter 2000, Vol. 54, Issue 1.
- Bergner, Raymond. Love and Barriers to Love. American Journal of Psychotherapy; Winter 2000; Vol. 54; Issue 1.
- Carter MSW, Betty and Joan K Peters. Love, Honor, and Negotiate: Making Your Marriage Work. Pocket Books: New York; 1996.
- Corliss, Richard, Steptoe, Sonja & Amanda Bower. The Marriage Ssavers. Time, Fall 2001, Jan 2004, Vol. 163, Issue 3.
- Donahey, Karen, & Scott Miller. Applying a Common Factors Perspective to Sex Therapy. Journal of Sex Education & Therapy, 2000, Vol. 25, Issue 4.
- Dym, Barry & Michael Glenn. Couples: Exploring and Understanding the Cycles of Intimate Relationships. HarperCollins Publishers; New York; 1993.
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104.
- Feuerman, M. L. (2018). Therapeutic Presence in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy. Journal of Experiential Psychotherapy, 21(3). p. 22-32.
- Gostečnik, Christian, Repic, Tanja. Relational Marital Paradigm. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 00029564, 2009, Vol. 63, Issue 1.
- Greenberg, Leslie; Warwar, Serine; Malcolm, Wanda. Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy and the Facilitation of Forgiveness. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy, January 2010, Vol 36 Issue 1, p28.
- Halford, Tyler C.; Owen, Jesse; Duncan, Barry L.; Anker, Morten G.; Sparks, Jacqueline A. Pre-Therapy Relationship Adjustment, Gender and the Alliance in Couple Therapy. Journal of Family Therapy. Feb 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p18-35. 17p.
- Heyman, R. E. (2001). Observation of Couple Conflicts: Clinical Assessment Applications,
Stubborn Truths, and Shaky Foundations. Psychol Assess., 13(1). p. 5-35.
Hammett, Julia; Castañeda, Donna; Ulloa, Emilio. The Association Between Affective and Problem-Solving Communication and Intimate Partner Violence Among Caucasian and Mexican American Couples: A Dyadic Approach. Journal of Family Violence. Feb 2016, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p167-178. 12p.
- Harvard College, President and Fellows of. Helping Couples Deal with Medical Challenges: Various Types of Couples Therapy Offer Different Approaches and Coping Strategies. Harvard Health Publications; Harvard Mental Health Letter, Nov 2010.
- Johnson, Susan & Aviva Patz. Save Your Relationship. Psychology Today; Mar/Apr 2003, Vol. 36, Issue 2.
- Kauffman, Carol; Silberman, Jordan. Finding and Fostering the Positive in Relationships: Positive Interventions in Couples Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology, May 2009, Vol 65 Issue 5, p520.
- Leveton, Eva. Escaping the Blame Frame: Experimental Techniques with Couples. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.
- Markman, Howard J, Scott M. Stanley, and Susan L. Blumberg. Fighting for Your Marriage. Jossey-Bass: San Francisco; 2001.
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames. Areas of Conflict in the Intimate Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100.
- Najafi M, Soleimani AA, Ahmadi Kh, Javidi N, Hoseini Kamkar E. The effectiveness of emotionally focused therapy on enhancing marital adjustment and quality of life among infertile couples with marital conflicts. Int J Fertil Steril. 2015; 9(2): 238-246.
- Orathinkal, Jose, Vansteenwegen, Alfons. Couples’ Conflicts: A Territorial Perspective. Sexual & Relationship Therapy. Feb2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p27-44.
- Patricia, Parr, Boyle, Rebecca A., Tejada, Laura. I Said, You Said: A Communication Exercise for Couples. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal. Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 3. P167-173.
- Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A Theoretical Review of the Differential Effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18.
- Rich EdD MSW, Phil and Stuart A. Copans MD. The Healing Journey for Couples: Your Journey of Mutual Discovery. John Wiley & Sons, Inc: New York; 1998.
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More Mental Health Problems After Divorce in Couples with High Pre-divorce Alcohol Consumption than in Other Divorced Couples: Results from the HUNT-Study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11.
- Rosenblatt, Paul C.; Rieks, Samantha J. No Compromise: Couples Dealing with Issues for Which They Do Not See a Compromise. American Journal of Family Therapy, June 2009, Vol 37 Issue 3, p196.
- Scheinkman CSW, Michele and Mona Dekoven Fishbane PhD. The Vulnerability Cycle: Working with Impasses in Couple Therapy.; Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 279.
- Symonds PhD, Dianne and Adam O Horvath EdD. Optimizing the Alliance in Couple Therapy. Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 443.
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41.
- Thompson, Kate. Couple Therapy for Depression: The IAPT Service for Couples Working with the Relational Factors in a Diagnosis of Depression. Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal. Apr 2017, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p8-13. 6p.
- Vazhappilly, Joshy Jacob; Reyes, Marc Eric S. Development of Emotion-Focused Couples Communication Program (EFCCP): A Pilot Study. Indian Journal of Positive Psychology. Sep 2016, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p264-268. 5p.
- Waldman, Ken & Luis Rubalcava. Psychotherapy with Intercultural Couples: A Contemporary Psychodynamic Approach. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2005, Vol. 59, Issue 3.
- Whisman, M. A. (2016). Discovery of a Partner Affair and Major Depressive Episode in a Probability Sample of Married or Cohabiting Adults. Fam Process, 55(4). p. 713-723.
- Wiener, Daniel J., & Laurie Pels-Roulier. Action Methods in Marriage and Family Therapy: A Review. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.
Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd