- Abinoja, Lisa Doot. Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach. Social Work & Christianity. Summer 2016, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p249-251. 3p.
- Allan, Robert; Ungar, Michael; Eatough, Virginia. 'So I Feel Like I'm Getting It and Then Sometimes I Think OK, No I'm Not': Couple and Family Therapists Learning an Evidence-Based Practice. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy. Mar 2016, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p56-74.
Beck, Robert L. The Couple Assessment Summary: A Bridge from Assessment to Treatment. American Journal of Psychotherapy, Winter 2000, Vol. 54, Issue 1.
- Bergner, Raymond. Love and Barriers to Love. American Journal of Psychotherapy; Winter 2000; Vol. 54; Issue 1.
- Carter MSW, Betty and Joan K Peters. Love, Honor, and Negotiate: Making Your Marriage Work. Pocket Books: New York; 1996.
- Corliss, Richard, Steptoe, Sonja & Amanda Bower. The Marriage Ssavers. Time, Fall 2001, Jan 2004, Vol. 163, Issue 3.
- Donahey, Karen, & Scott Miller. Applying a Common Factors Perspective to Sex Therapy. Journal of Sex Education & Therapy, 2000, Vol. 25, Issue 4.
- Dym, Barry & Michael Glenn. Couples: Exploring and Understanding the Cycles of Intimate Relationships. HarperCollins Publishers; New York; 1993.
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104.
- Gostečnik, Christian, Repic, Tanja. Relational Marital Paradigm. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 00029564, 2009, Vol. 63, Issue 1.
- Greenberg, Leslie; Warwar, Serine; Malcolm, Wanda. Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy and the Facilitation of Forgiveness. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy, January 2010, Vol 36 Issue 1, p28.
- Halford, Tyler C.; Owen, Jesse; Duncan, Barry L.; Anker, Morten G.; Sparks, Jacqueline A. Pre-Therapy Relationship Adjustment, Gender and the Alliance in Couple Therapy. Journal of Family Therapy. Feb 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p18-35. 17p.
Hammett, Julia; Castañeda, Donna; Ulloa, Emilio. The Association Between Affective and Problem-Solving Communication and Intimate Partner Violence Among Caucasian and Mexican American Couples: A Dyadic Approach. Journal of Family Violence. Feb 2016, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p167-178. 12p.
- Harvard College, President and Fellows of. Helping Couples Deal with Medical Challenges: Various Types of Couples Therapy Offer Different Approaches and Coping Strategies. Harvard Health Publications; Harvard Mental Health Letter, Nov 2010.
- Johnson, Susan & Aviva Patz. Save Your Relationship. Psychology Today; Mar/Apr 2003, Vol. 36, Issue 2.
- Kauffman, Carol; Silberman, Jordan. Finding and Fostering the Positive in Relationships: Positive Interventions in Couples Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology, May 2009, Vol 65 Issue 5, p520.
- Leveton, Eva. Escaping the Blame Frame: Experimental Techniques with Couples. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.
- Markman, Howard J, Scott M. Stanley, and Susan L. Blumberg. Fighting for Your Marriage. Jossey-Bass: San Francisco; 2001.
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames. Areas of Conflict in the Intimate Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100.
- Orathinkal, Jose, Vansteenwegen, Alfons. Couples’ Conflicts: A Territorial Perspective. Sexual & Relationship Therapy. Feb2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p27-44.
- Patricia, Parr, Boyle, Rebecca A., Tejada, Laura. I Said, You Said: A Communication Exercise for Couples. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal. Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 3. P167-173.
- Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A Theoretical Review of the Differential Effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18.
- Rich EdD MSW, Phil and Stuart A. Copans MD. The Healing Journey for Couples: Your Journey of Mutual Discovery. John Wiley & Sons, Inc: New York; 1998.
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More Mental Health Problems After Divorce in Couples with High Pre-divorce Alcohol Consumption than in Other Divorced Couples: Results from the HUNT-Study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11.
- Rosenblatt, Paul C.; Rieks, Samantha J. No Compromise: Couples Dealing with Issues for Which They Do Not See a Compromise. American Journal of Family Therapy, June 2009, Vol 37 Issue 3, p196.
- Scheinkman CSW, Michele and Mona Dekoven Fishbane PhD. The Vulnerability Cycle: Working with Impasses in Couple Therapy.; Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 279.
- Symonds PhD, Dianne and Adam O Horvath EdD. Optimizing the Alliance in Couple Therapy. Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 443.
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41.
- Thompson, Kate. Couple Therapy for Depression: The IAPT Service for Couples Working with the Relational Factors in a Diagnosis of Depression. Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal. Apr 2017, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p8-13. 6p.
- Vazhappilly, Joshy Jacob; Reyes, Marc Eric S. Development of Emotion-Focused Couples Communication Program (EFCCP): A Pilot Study. Indian Journal of Positive Psychology. Sep 2016, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p264-268. 5p.
- Waldman, Ken & Luis Rubalcava. Psychotherapy with Intercultural Couples: A Contemporary Psychodynamic Approach. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2005, Vol. 59, Issue 3.
- Wiener, Daniel J., & Laurie Pels-Roulier. Action Methods in Marriage and Family Therapy: A Review. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.
Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd