- Atkinson, D.R., Morten, G., & Sue, D. W. Counseling American Minorities: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Dubuque, Iowa: W.C. Brown, 1979.
- Avery, Graham. Consent and confidentiality. Practice Nurse. November 2009. Vol 38 Issue 8. Pg. 34.
- Clapton, Kerrin. Developing professional boundaries guidance for social workers. Journal of Adult Protection. 2013. Vol. 15 Issue 1. Pg. 37-44.
- Kentucky Legislature. Title 201, Chapter 23: 080 Board of Social Work. 2018 Kentucky Administrative Regulations.
- Penfold, Susan, PhD. Sexual Abuse by Health Professionals. University of Toronto. Buffalo. 2000.
- Reamer, Frederic. Boundary Issues in Social Work: Managing Dual Relationships. Social work. Jan 2003. Vol. 48; Issue 1.
- Reamer, Frederic. Documentation in social work; evolving ethical and risk-management standards. Oct 2001. Vol. 50; Issue 4.
- Remer, Frederic. Update on confidentiality issues in practice with children: Ethics risk management. Children & Schools. Apr 2005. Vol. 27; Issue 2.
- Stone, M. PhD. Boundary Violations between Therapist and Patient. Psychiatric Annals. 1999. 670-7.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Substance Use Disorders. Department of Health and Human Services. 2015.
- Werth, James, Burke, Caroline, & Rebekah Bardash. Confidentiality in end-of-life and after-death situations. Ethics & Behavior. Jul 2002. Vol. 12; Issue 3.
- Yonan, Jesay. Ethical Decision Making, Therapeutic Boundaries, and Communicating Using Online Technology and Cellular Phones. Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 2011, Vol. 45 No. 4, Pages 307–326.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd