By the end of the course, the Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist will be able to:
- Explain one motivation or cause for self-mutilation.
- Explain the Self-Injury Motivation Scale.
- Explain four types of self-injurious behavior.
- Explain the most important piece of advice self-mutilators would give care-givers.
- Explain the catch-22 for girls who cut.
- Explain the main goal of Compassion-Focused Therapy when used with SIB
- Explain the difference between Non-Suicidal Self-Injury and Suicide attempts.
- Explain the difference between self-injurious behavior(SIB) and self-mutilation behavior(SMB).
"The instructional level of this course is introductory, intermediate, or advanced depending on the learners clinical area of expertise."