If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Beynon, Ann; Overcoming Loss: Activities and Stories to Help Transform Children’s Grief and Loss; British Journal of Guidance & Counseling; 2009-11; Vol. 37; Issue 4
- Brykczynska, Gosia; Grief in Young Children/Grief in Children; Paediatric Nursing; 2009-03; Vol. 21; Issue 2
- Busch, T & CS Kimble, Grieving children: are we meeting the challenge? Pediatric Nursing, Jul-Aug 2001, Vol. 27, Issue 4.
- Carmack, Heather J.; Degroot, Jocelyn M. Omega: Exploiting Loss? Ethical Considerations, Boundaries, and Opportunities for the Study of Death and Grief Online. Journal of Death & Dying. 2013, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p315-335. 21p. DOI: 10.2190/OM.68.4.b.
- Cox, Gerry R. Principles and Practices of Grief Counseling. Illness, Crisis & Loss. 2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p370-372. 3p.
- Emswiler, Mary Ann, M.A., M.P.S. & Emswiler, James P., M.A. M. ED.; “Guiding Your Child Through Grief”; Bantam Books; New York, NY; 2000.
- Fitzgerald, Helen; “The Grieving Child: A Parent’s Guide”; Simon & Schuster; New York, NY; 1992.
- Goldman, Linda; Counseling with children in contemporary society; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Apr 2004; Vol. 26; Issue 2.
- Lenhardt, Ann Marie & Bernadette McCourt; Adolescent unresolved grief in response to the death of a mother; Professional School Counseling; Feb 2000; Vol. 3; Issue 3.
- McClatchey, Irene Searles, Elizabeth M. Vonk, Gregory Palardy; Efficacy of a Camp-Based Intervention for Childhood Traumatic Grief; Research on Social Work Practice; 2009-01; Vol. 19; Issue 1
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19. 19p. 5 Charts, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-14-106.
- Noppe, Illene & Lloyd Noppe; Adolescent experiences with death; letting go of immortality; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Apr 2004; Vol. 26; Issue 2.
- Perry, Bruce; Children and loss; Scholastic Parent & Child; Oct/Nov 2000; Vol. 8; Issue 2.
- Perry, Bruce; Death & loss: helping children manage their grief; Early Childhood Today; Jan 2001; Vol. 15; Issue 4.
- Richardson, Meg; Cobham, Vanessa; McDermott, Brett; Murray, Judith. Youth Mental Illness and the Family: Parents' Loss and Grief. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p719-736. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-012-9625-x.
- Riches, Gordon & Pam Dawson; Daughters’ dilemmas: grief resolution in girls whose widowed fathers remarry early; Journal of Family Therapy; Nov 2000; Vol. 22; Issue 4.
- Schaefer, Dan, Ph.D. & Lyons, Christine, “How Do We Tell the Children?: A Step-by-Step Guide for Helping Children Two to Teen Cope When Someone Dies,” New Market Press, New York, NY; 2001.
- Schoen, Alexis, Burgoyne, Megan, & Sharon Schoen; Are the developmental needs of children in America adequately addressed during the grief process?; Journal of Instructional Psychology; Jun 2004; Vol. 31; Issue 2.
- Shear, MD, M. Katherine, Angela Ghesquiere, PhD, and Kim Glickman, PhD, LCSW, Bereavement and Complicated Grief, National Institute of Health, November 2013, p1-13.
- Spuij, Mariken; Prinzie, Peter; Dekovic, Maja; den Bout, Jan van; Boelen, Paul A. The effectiveness of Grief-Help, a cognitive behavioural treatment for prolonged grief in children: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19. 19p. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-14-395.
- Stanton, J. and Simpson, A.; “Murder Misdiagnosed as SIDS: A Perpetrators Perspective,”; ADC Online; 2000.
- Willis, Clarissa; The grieving process in children: strategies for understanding, educating, and reconciling children's perceptions of death; Early Childhood Education Journal; Jun 2002, Vol. 29; Issue 4.