If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Appelbaum, Paul PhD, Uyehara, Lisa, & Mark Elin, Trauma and Memory: Clinical and Legal Controversies, Oxford University Press: New York, 1997.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Chahal, Parneet Kaur. A trainee counselling psychologist's considerations in CBT-informed practice with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling Psychology Review. Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30-42.
-Cheung, Monit; McNeil Boutté-Queen, Needha; Assessing the Relative Importance of the Child Sexual Abuse Interview Protocol Items to Assist Child Victims in Abuse Disclosure; January 2010, Vol 25 Issue 1, p11
-Christoffersen, Mogens Nygaard; DePanfilis, Diane; Prevention of child abuse and neglect and improvements in child development Child Abuse Review, February 2009, Vol 18 Issue 1, p24
- Cruz, Francisco MA, & Laura Essen, Adult Survivors of Childhood Emotional, Physical, and Sexual Abuse: Dynamics and Treatment, Jason Aronson, Inc.: New Jersey, 2004.
-Duffany, Adrienne; Panos, Patrick T., Outcome Evaluation of a Group Treatment of Sexually Abused and Reactive Children, Research on Social Work Practice, May 2009, Vol. 19, Issue 3, p 291
- Foster, Carolyn PhD, The Family Patterns Workbook, Putnum Publishing Group: New York, 2003.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Jepsen, Ellen K. K.; Svagaard, Tron; Thelle, Mona I.; McCoullough, Leigh; Martisen, Egil W; Inpatient Treatment for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse: A Preliminary Outcome Study; Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, September 2009, Vol 10 Issue 3, p315
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Karakurt, Gunnur; Silver, Kristin E. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p79-91.
- Kaufman, Bobbie PhD, & Agnes Wohl PhD, Casualties of Childhood: A Developmental Perspective on Sexual Abuse Using Projective Drawings, Brunner-Routledge: New York, 2002
.- Kennedy, Roger PhD, Child Abuse, Psychotherapy, and the Law, Free Association Books: New York, 1997.
- Kouyoumdjian, Haig; Perry, Andrea R.; Hansen, David J., Nonoffending Parent Expectations of Sexually Abused Children: Predictive Factors and Influence on Children's Recovery, Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, Feb 2009, Vol. 18, Issue 1, p 40- 61
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- MacKinnon, Laurie K. PhD, Trust and Betrayal in the Treatment of Child Abuse, Guilford Press: New York, 1998.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Putman, Stacie E., The Monsters in My Head: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and the Child Survivor of Sexual Abuse, Journal of Counseling & Development, Jan 2009, Vol. 87, Issue 1, p 80-90
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366..
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rickerby, Michelle. Family support and childhood sexual abuse: A powerful force in recovery. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1-6.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223.
- Stuart, Richard B. PhD, Violent Behavior: Social Learning Approaches to Prediction, Management, and Treatment, Brunner/Mazel, Inc.: New York, 1998.
- Sullivan-Everstine, Diana PhD, & Louis Everstine, Sexual Trauma in Children and Adolescents: Dynamics and Treatment, Brunner/Mazel Publishers, Inc.: New York, 1999.
- Yancey, C.; Naufel, Karen; Hansen, David. The Relationship of Personal, Family, and Abuse-Specific Factors to Children's Clinical Presentation Following Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Family Violence. Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31-42.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd