If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Barnett, Jeffrey E. Sexual Feelings and Behaviors in the Psychotherapy Relationship: An Ethics Perspective. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Feb2014, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p170-181.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Buhari, 'Bunmi. Therapeutic Relationships and Professional Boundaries. IFE PsychologIA. 2013 Special Edition, Vol. 21 Issue 3-S, p162-168.
- Calmes, Stephanie A.; Piazza, Nick J.; Laux, John M. The Use of Touch in Counseling: An Ethical Decision-Making Model. Counseling & Values. Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p59-68. 10p.
- Clapton, Kerrin. Developing professional boundaries guidance for social workers. Journal of Adult Protection. 2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p37-44.
- Fisher, Craig D., Ethical issues in therapy: therapist self-disclosure of sexual feelings; Ethics & Behavior, Apr 2004, Vol. 14, Issue 2.
- Gering, Mark S.; Receiving gifts from clients: ethical and therapeutic issues; Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Jul 2004, Vol. 26, Issue 3.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
-Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kottler, Jeffrey A. MA, Compassionate Therapy. Jossey-Bass Publishers. San Francisco 1999
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Plaut, S. Michael; Brown, Janet Klein; Brancu, Mira; Wilbur, Rebecca C.; Rios, Katherine. Characteristics of Health Professionals in a Mandated Ethics Tutorial After Violating Sexual Boundaries with Patients. Journal of Health Care Law & Policy. 2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p353-374.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366..
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Schoener, GR PhD, Boundaries in Group Therapy: Ethical and Practice Issues. Women and Group Psychotherapy, New York, Builford Press, 1997.