If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Aarts, H. (2019). Goal setting theory and the mystery of setting goals. Motivation Science, 5(2), 106–107.
Amaro, C. M., Mitchell, T. B., Cordts, K. M. P., Borner, K. B., Frazer, A. L., Garcia, A. M., & Roberts, M. C. (2020). Clarifying supervision expectations: Construction of a clinical supervision contract as a didactic exercise for advanced graduate students. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 14(3), 235–241.
Grant, J., Schofield, M. J., & Crawford, S. (2012). Managing difficulties in supervision: Supervisors' perspectives. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 59(4), 528–541.
Glickauf-Hughes, C. (1994). Characterological resistances in psychotherapy supervision. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training, 31(1), 58–66.
Liu, C., Yang, L.-Q., & Nauta, M. M. (2013). Examining the mediating effect of supervisor conflict on procedural injustice–job strain relations: The function of power distance. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 18(1), 64–74.
Morisano, D., Hirsh, J. B., Peterson, J. B., Pihl, R. O., & Shore, B. M. (2010). Setting, elaborating, and reflecting on personal goals improves academic performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95(2), 255–264.
Rapp, C. A., Goscha, R. J., & Fukui, S. (2015). Enhanced consumer goal achievement through strengths-based group supervision. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 38(3), 268–272.
Russell, G. M., & Bohan, J. S. (2014). Toward a contextual understanding of psychology trainees’ religious conflicts. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity, 1(4), 293–301.
Tepper, B. J., Duffy, M. K., & Shaw, J. D. (2001). Personality moderators of the relationship between abusive supervision and subordinates' resistance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86(5), 974–983.
- Borders, Dianne, Handbook of Counseling Supervision. Association for Counselor Publication Washington, D. C. ISBN-1-55620-037-4 87 98p.1987.
- Budd, Phillip, Boundaries and Dangers in the Supervisory Relationship , Saint Anthony Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, 2018.
- Canino, Ian PhD and Jeanne Spurlock, Culturally Diverse Children and Adolescents: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment, The Guilford Press: New York, 1994.
- Cookson, Jen; Sloan, Graham; Dafters, Rebecca; Jahoda, Andrew. Provision of clinical supervision for staff working in mental health services. Mental Health Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p29-34
- Despenser, Sally. Getting the Most Out of Supervision. Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal. Oct2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p28-31.
- Dr. Aaron Groves. Clinical Supervision Guidelines for Mental Health Services. Queensland Health, October 2009, p. 1-37.
- DuBrin, Andrew J. MA, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Leadership, Alpha Books: Indianapolis, 2000
- du Plock, Simon; An Existential-Phenomenological Inquiry into the Meaning of Clinical Supervision; Existential Analysis: Journal of the Society for Existential Analysis, July 2009
- Dupre, Madeleine; Echterling, Lennis G.; Meixner, Cara; Anderson, Robin; Kielty, Michele. Supervision Experiences of Professional Counselors Providing Crisis Counseling. Counselor Education & Supervision. Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p82-96.
- Garza, Yvonne; Kinsworthy, Sarah; Bennett, Mary Morrison. Supervision in Group Play Therapy: A Skills Checklist. Journal of Individual Psychology. Spring2014, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p31-44.
- Geller, Elaine; Foley, Gilbert M.; Broadening the "Ports of Entry" for Speech-Language Pathologists: A Relational and Reflective Model for Clinical Supervision; American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, February 2009
- Girling, Ann; Leese, Carolyn; Maynard, Linda; How clinical supervision can improve hospice care for children; Nursing Management – UK, November 2009
- Grote, Dick PhD, Discipline Without Punishment, AMACOM: New York, 2006
- Hendricks, William PhD (ed.), Coaching, Mentoring and Managing, National Press Publications: New Jersey, 1996
- Philip R. Budd, Psy.D.; Saint Anthony Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program; Boundaries and Dangers in the Supervisory Relationship, p1-38.
- Sharrock, Julie; Javen, Leanne; McDonald, Sarah. Clinical Supervision for Transition to Advanced Practice. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p118-125.
- Watts, Caroline, Supportive Supervision: Promoting staff and family growth through positive relationships, Children’s Hospital Boston, under the Innovation and Improvement Project grant from the Office of Head Start, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Children’s Hospital Boston, January 2008.