The Flip Book below is from National Institutes of Health
1. Use + and – at top of page to increase or decrease size
2. Click and drag on page to move text to be more visible , if needed
3. Click speaker at top of page to add or delete sound
4. If message below indicates "A plugin is needed to display this content." CLICK HERE
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- Yaua, Y., & Pilverb, C., & Steinberg, M., & Rugled, L., & Hoffa, R., & Krishnan-Sarina, S., & Potenzaa, M. (2014). Relationships between problematic Internet use and problemgambling severity: Findings from a high-school survey. National Institute of Health. 39(1), 1-19.
- Kundu, P., & Pilver, C., & Desai, R., & Steinberg, M., & Rugle, L, & Krishnan-Sarin, S. & Potenza, M. (2013). Gambling-Related Attitudes and Behaviors in Adolescents having Received Instant (Scratch) Lottery Tickets as Gifts. National Institutes of Health. 52(4), 20-37.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Allami, Y., Vitaro, F., Brendgen, M., Carbonneau, R., & Tremblay, R. E. (2018). Identifying at-risk profiles and protective factors for problem gambling: A longitudinal study across adolescence and early adulthood. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 32(3), 373–382.
King, S. M., Keyes, M., Winters, K. C., McGue, M., & Iacono, W. G. (2017). Genetic and environmental origins of gambling behaviors from ages 18 to 25: A longitudinal twin family study. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 31(3), 367–374.
Quinn, C. A., Archibald, K., Nykiel, L., Pocuca, N., Hides, L., Allan, J., & Moloney, G. (2019). Does self-efficacy moderate the effect of gambling advertising on problem gambling behaviors? Psychology of Addictive Behaviors,33(5), 503–509.
Werner, K. B., Cunningham-Williams, R. M., Ahuja, M., & Bucholz, K. K. (2020). Patterns of gambling and substance use initiation in African American and White adolescents and young adults. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors,34(2), 382–391.
Online Continuing Education QUESTION 18 Why is problem gambling an important public health issue? Record the letter of the correct answer the CEU Test