If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bluhm, Robyn L.; Williamson, Peter C.; Osuch, Elizabeth A.; Frewen, Paul A.; Stevens, Todd K.; Boksman, Kristine; Neufeld, Richard W. J.; Théberge, Jean; Lanius, Ruth A., Alterations in Default Network Connectivity in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Related to Early-life Trauma; Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience; 2009-05; Vol. 34 Issue 3
- Bright, Ruth; Music Therapy in Grief Resolution; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic; Fall 1999, Vol. 63, Issue 4.
- Carmack, Heather J.; Degroot, Jocelyn M. Omega: Exploiting Loss? Ethical Considerations, Boundaries, and Opportunities for the Study of Death and Grief Online. Journal of Death & Dying. 2013, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p315-335. 21p. DOI: 10.2190/OM.68.4.b.
- Cox, Gerry R. Principles and Practices of Grief Counseling. Illness, Crisis & Loss. 2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p370-372. 3p.
- Daviss, Burleson W., Diler, Rasim S., Birmaher, Boris, Associations of Litetime Depression with Trauma Exposure, Other Environmental Adversities, and Impairment in Adolescents with ADHD; Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology; 2009-08; Vol. 37; Issue 6
- Green, Bonnie, Traumatic Loss: Conceptual and Empirical Links Between Trauma and Bereavement, Journal of Personal & Interpersonal Loss, Jan-Mar 2000, Vol. 5, Issue 1.
- Hansen, Barbara, Ph.D.; “Picking Up the Pieces: Healing Ourselves After Personal Loss”; HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY;1990.
- Jacobs, Selby, Mazure, Carolyn & Holly Prigerson, Diagnostic Criteria for Traumatic Grief, Death Studies, Apr/May 2000, Vol. 24, Issue 3.
- Jacobs, Selby, Prigerson, Holly, Screening, Psychotherapy of Traumatic Grief: A Review of Evidence for Psychotherapeutic Treatments; Death Studies; Sept 2000; Vol. 24; Issue 6.
- Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice, Theory, and Research. Vol.32, No. 1, 2004
- Labi, Nadya; The Grief Brigade; Time, May 1999, Vol. 153, Issue 19.
- Matsakis, Aphrodite, Ph.D.; “Trust After Trauma: A Guide to Relationships for Survivors and Those Who Love Them”; New Harbinger Publications; Oakland, CA; 1998.
- McBride, Joseph & Steven Simms, Death in the Family: Adapting a Family Systems Framework to the Grief Process, American Journal of Family Therapy, Jan/Feb 2001, Vol. 29, Issue 1.
- Neimeyer, Robert, Searching for the Meaning of Meaning: Grief Therapy and the Process of Reconstruction, Death Studies, Sept 2000, Vol. 24, Issue 6.
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19. 19p. 5 Charts, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-14-106.
- Regambal, Marci J., Alden, Lynn E., Pathways to Intrusive Memories in Trauma Analogue Paradigm: A Structural Equation Model; Depression & Anxiety (1091-4269); 2009; Vol. 26 Issue 2
- Richardson, Meg; Cobham, Vanessa; McDermott, Brett; Murray, Judith. Youth Mental Illness and the Family: Parents' Loss and Grief. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p719-736. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-012-9625-x.
- Rosenblatt, Paul, Protective Parenting After the Death of a Child, Journal of Personal & Interpersonal Loss, Oct-Dec 2000, Vol. 5, Issue 4.
- Servaty-Seib, Heather, Connections Between Counseling Theories and Current Theories of Grief and Mourning, Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Apr. 2004, Vol. 26, Issue 2.
- Shear, MD, M. Katherine, Angela Ghesquiere, PhD, and Kim Glickman, PhD, LCSW, Bereavement and Complicated Grief, National Institute of Health, November 2013, p1-13.
- Spuij, Mariken; Prinzie, Peter; Dekovic, Maja; den Bout, Jan van; Boelen, Paul A. The effectiveness of Grief-Help, a cognitive behavioural treatment for prolonged grief in children: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19. 19p. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-14-395.
- Stroebe, Margaret, Schut, Henk; The Dual Process Model of Coping with Bereavement: Rationale and Description; Death Studies, Apr/May 1999, Vol. 23, Issue 3