By the end of the course, the Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist will be able to:
- Explain results of an abusive controlling relationship.
- Explain tactics the controlling abusive partner may use to establish and maintain his power-base in the relationship.
- Explain patterns of specific behavior related to brainwashing.
- Explain Connect-the-Dot perspectives.
- Explain urban legends or myths regarding solutions to abuse by the “Great Catch.”.
- Explain the two distinct personalities a Controller may have.
- Explain relationship Inner Rules to your client.
- Explain a strategy you might use with a client who feels they are not being understood by his or her significant other.
- Explain useful skills that can be gained from going through a controlling relationship
."The instructional level of this course is introductory, intermediate, or advanced depending on the learners clinical area of expertise."