If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Asarnow, Joan Rosenbaum, Jaycox, Lisa H., Tompson, Martha C.; Depression in Youth: Psychosocial Interventions; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology; Feb 2001; Vol. 30; Issue 1.
- Bergner, Raymond M. "Pathological Self-Criticism: Assessment and Treatment." New York: Plenum Press. 1995.
- Besser, Avi, Priel, Beatriz; A Multisource Approach to Self-Critical Vulnerability to Depression: The Moderating Role of Attachment; Journal of Personality; Aug 2003; Vol. 71; Issue 4.
- Brasher, Kitty L. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: Overview and Implications for School Counselors.
The Alabama Counseling Association Journal. Volume 34, Number 2. Spring 2009. Pg. 20-30.
- Burke, Sara E.; Wang, Katie; Dovidio, John F. Witnessing Disclosure of Depression: Gender and Attachment Avoidance Moderate Interpersonal Evaluations. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p536-559. 24p. DOI: 10.1521/jscp.2014.33.6.536.
- Cox, Brian J.; Clara, Ian P.; Enns, Murray, W. Self-Criticism, Maladaptive Perfectionism, and Depression Symptoms in a Community Sample: A Longitudinal Test of the Mediating Effects of Person-Dependent Stressful Life Events. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy; 2009; Vol. 23; Issue 4.
- Cuella, Amy K.; Johnson, Sheri L; DEPRESSIVE SYMPTOMS AND AFFECTIVE REACTIVITY TO MATERNAL PRAISE AND CRITICISM; Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, November 2009, Vol 28 Issue 9, p1173
- Dyer, Wayne W. "Your Erroneous Zones." New York: Funk & Wagnalls. 1976.
- Gilbert, Paul, Procter, Sue; Compassionate Mind Training for people with High Shame and Self-Criticism: Overview and Pilot Study of a Group Therapy Approach; Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy; Nov/Dec 2006; Vol. 13; Issue 6.
- Giosan, Cezar; Cobeanu, Oana; Mogoase, Cristina; Muresan, Vlad; Malta, Loretta S.; Wyka, Katarzyna; Szentagotai, Aurora. Evolutionary cognitive therapy versus standard cognitive therapy for depression: a protocol for a blinded, randomized, superiority clinical trial. Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-25. 25p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-83.
- Greenberg, Gail MSW, Ganshorn, Keren BPT, MD, CCFP, and Danilkewich, Alanna MD, CCFP, FCFP. Solution-focused therapy - Counseling model for busy family physicians. Canadian Family Physician. Volume 47. November 2001. Pg. 2289-2295.
- Hay, Louise L. "Love Yourself, Heal Your Life Workbook." Santa Monica: Hay House, Inc. 1990.
- Hughes, Ian; NICE in practice: Some thoughts on delivering the new guideline on depression; Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal; Apr 2005; Vol. 16; Issue 3.
- Kottman, Terry; Perfectionistic Children and Adolescents: Implications for School Counselors; Professional School Counseling; Feb 2000; Vol. 3; Issue 3.
- Lenhardt, Ann Marie & Bernadette McCourt; Adolescent unresolved grief in response to the death of a mother; Professional School Counseling; Feb 2000; Vol. 3; Issue 3.
- Luca, Antonina; Maria Luca; and Carmela Calandra. Sleep Disorders and Depression: Brief Review of the Literature, Case Report, and Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Depression. National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, August 2013, p1-7.
- Louch, Penny; Diagnosing and treating depression; Practice Nurse, May 2009, Vol 37 Issue 10, p42
- Luyten, Patrick; Sabbe, Bernard; Blatt, Sidney J.; Meganck, Sieglinde; Jansen, Bart; De Grave, Carmen; Maes, Frank; Corveleyn, Josef. Dependency and self-criticism: relationship with major depressive disorder, severity of depression, and clinical presentation. Depression & Anxiety. 2007; Vol. 24; Issue 8.
- Maeda, Uta; Shen, Biing-Jiun; Schwarz, Ernst; Farrell, Kristen; Mallon, Stephen. Self-Efficacy Mediates the Associations of Social Support and Depression with Treatment Adherence in Heart Failure Patients. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. Mar2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p88-96. 9p. 2 Diagrams, 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s12529-011-9215-0.
-Manos, Rachel C.; Rusch, Laura C.; Kanter, Jonathan W.; Clifford, Lisa M; DEPRESSION SELF-STIGMA AS A MEDIATOR OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DEPRESSION SEVERITY AND AVOIDANCE; Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, November 2009, Vol 28 Issue 9, p1128
- Matos, Marcela; Pinto-Gouveia, José. Shamed by a Parent or by Others: The Role of Attachment in Shame Memories Relation to Depression. International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p217-244. 28p.
- McKay, Matthew and Patrick Fanning. "Self-Esteem." New York: Saint Martin’s Paperbacks. 1987.
- McNamara, Patrick, Ph.D.; Sanford Auerbach, M.D.; Patricia Johnson, B.A.; Erica Harris, MPH; and Gheorghe Doros, Ph. D. Impact of REM Sleep on Distortions of Self-Concept, Mood and Memory in Depressed/Anxious Participants. National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, May 2010, p1-21.
- Michalak EE, Lam RW; Breaking the Myths: New Treatment Approaches for Chronic Depression; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; Sep 2002; Vol. 47; Issue 7.
- Philip J. Cowen and Michael Browning. What has serotonin to do with depression?. National Center for Biotechnology Information. World Psychiatry 14:2 -
June 2015, p158-160.
- Santor, Darcy A.; Proximal Effects of Dependency and Self-Criticism: Conceptual and Methodological Challenges for Depressive Vulnerability Research; Cognitive Behaviour Therapy; 2003; Vol. 32; Issue 2.
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223. 11.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. TIP 34 Brief Interventions and Brief
Therapies for Substance Abuse. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Revised 2015.
- Sturman, Edward D.; Mongrain, Myriam; Self-criticism and major depression: An evolutionary perspective; British Journal of Clinical Psychology; Nov2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4
- Wegener, Ingo; Alfter, Susanne; Geiser, Franziska; Liedtke, Reinhard; Conrad, Rupert, "Schema Change Without Schema Therapy: The Role of Early Maladaptive Schemata for a Successful Treatment of Major Depression", Psychiatry: Interpersonal & Biological Processes. Spring 2013, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p1-17.