If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Avis, Nancy; Depression during the menopausal transition; Psychology of Women Quarterly; Jun 2003; Vol. 27; Issue 2.
-Davis, Susan R. Is Estrogen the Antidote for Menopausal Depression? Journal of Women's Health (15409996). Januaary 2017, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1-2.
- Baldo, Tracy, Schneider, Mercedes & Marty Slyter; The impact of menopause: implications for mental health counselors; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Oct 2003; Vol. 25; Issue 4.
- Chedraui, Peter; San Miguel, Glenda; Avila, Carlos; Quality of life impairment during the female menopausal transition is related to personal and partner factors; Gynecological Endocrinology; Feb. 2009; Vol. 25; Issue 2; p 130-135.
- Chen, Li-Chi; Yang, Albert; Su, Tung-Ping; Bai, Ya-Mei; Li, Cheng-Ta; Chang, Wen-Han; Chen, Tzeng-Ji; Tsai, Shih-Jen; Chen, Mu-Hong. Symptomatic menopausal transition and subsequent bipolar disorder among midlife women with major depression: a nationwide longitudinal study. Archives of Women's Mental Health. June 2017, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p463-468.
- Cooper, Maggie; How Modern Women Can Manage the Menopause; Primary Health Care; Feb. 2009; Vol. 19; Issue 1; p 24-29
- Deeks, Amanda & Marita McCabe; Sexual function and the menopausal woman: the importance of age and partner’s sexual functioning; Journal of Sex Research; Aug 2001; Vol. 38; Issue 3.
- Elavsky, S. and McAuley, E. (2009). Personality, Menopausal Symptoms, and Physical Activity Outcomes in Middle-Aged Women. Pers Individ Dif., 46(2). p. 123-128. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2008.09.014.
- Frost, Gill; Hot and bothered; Therapy Today; Nov 2006; Vol. 17; Issue 9.
- Furman, C. Sue; Turning Point: The Myths and Realities of Menopause; Oxford University Press, Inc.; New York, NY; 1995
- Hopper, Tammy; Bourgeois, Michelle; Pimentel, Jane; Qualls, Constance Dean; Hickey, Ellen; Frymark, Tobi; Schooling, Tracy. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review on Cognitive Interventions for Individuals With Dementia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p126-145. 20p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/11-0137).
- Initiative on Depression & Primary Care and 3CM, LLC. Depression Management Tool Kit. 2009.
- Kahn. D. A., Moline. M. L., Ross, R. W., Altshuler, L. L., and Cohen, L. S. Depression During the Transition to Menopause: A Guide for Patients and Families.
- Kannur, Deepa; Itagi, Sunanda. Health status and menopausal knowledge among rural and urban postmenopausal women. Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing. 2017, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1199-1203.
- Kydd, Angela; Touhy, Theris; Newman, David; Fagerberg, Ingegerd; Engstrom, Gabriella. Attitudes towards caring for older people in Scotland, Sweden and the United States. Nursing Older People. Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33-40. 8p.
- Lieberman, Shari Ph.D., CNS, FACN; Get Off the Menopause Roller Coaster: Natural Solutions for Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Fatigue, Anxiety, Depression, & Other Symptoms; Penguin Putnam, Inc.; New York, NY; 2000
- Lovett, Richard; Menopause: four links to depression, libido, and memory loss; Psychology Today; Mar/Apr 2003; Vol. 36; Issue 2.
- McAndrew, Lisa M.; Napolitano, Melissa A.; Albrecht, Anna; Farrell, Nancy C.; Marcus, Bess H.; Whiteley, Jessica A.; When, why, and for whom there is a relationship between physical activity and menopause symptoms; Maturitas; Oct. 2009; Vol. 64. Issue 2
- Min, Lillian; Wenger, Neil; Walling, Anne M.; Blaum, Caroline; Cigolle, Christine; Ganz, David A.; Reuben, David; Shekelle, Paul; Roth, Carol; Kerr, Eve A. When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care Index. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Apr2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p542-550. 9p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12160.
- Perich, Tania; Ussher, Jane; Parton, Chloe. "Is it menopause or bipolar?": a qualitative study of the experience of menopause for women with bipolar disorder. BMC Women's Health. 11/16/2017, Vol. 17, p1-9.
- Pocnet, Cornelia; Rossier, Jérôme; Antonietti, Jean-Philippe; Gunten, Armin. Personality traits and behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients at an early stage of Alzheimer's disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p276-283. 8p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1002/gps.3822.
- Quinn, Catherine; Anderson, Daniel; Toms, Gill; Whitaker, Rhiannon; Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor; Jones, Carys; Clare, Linda. Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study). Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-18. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-74.
- Santoro, N., Epperson, C. N., and Mathews, S. B. (2015). Menopausal Symptoms and their Management. Endocrinal Metab Cli North Am., 44(3). p. 497-515. doi:10.1016/j.ecl.2015.05.001
- Sheehy, Gail; The Silent Passage: Menopause; Random House; New York, NY; 1992
- Siple, Molly M.S, R.D. & Gordon, Deborah, M.D.; Menopause the Natural Way: The 6-Step Natural Program for Healthy Menopause with Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Exercise, and Mind-Body Techniques; John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; New York, NY; 2001
- Stotland, NL; Menopause: social expectations, women’s realities; Archives of Women’s Mental Health; Aug 2002; Vol. 5; Issue 1.
- Teaff, Nancy Lee, M.D. & Wiley, Kim Wright; Perimenopause: Preparing for the Change. A Guide to the Early Stages of Menopause and Beyond; Strawberry Field Publishing; Rocklin, CA; 1995
- Utian, Wulf H. M.D. Ph.D. & Jacobowitz, Ruth S.; Managing your Menopause; Simon and Schuster, Inc.; New York, NY; 1990
-U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women’s Health. Songhai Barclift, MD and Lisa M. Jones, M.D., M.A., F.A.C.O.G September 28,2010 p1-8
- Warga, Claire Ph.D.; Menopause and the Mind: The Complete Guide to Coping with: Memory Loss, Foggy Thinking; Verbal Slips; and Other Cognitive Effects of Perimenopause and Menopause; The Free Press: a Division of Simon and Schuster Inc.; New York, NY; 1999.
- Wariso, Bathsheba; Guerrieri, Gioia; Thompson, Karla; Koziol, Deloris; Haq, Nazli; Martinez, Pedro; Rubinow, David; Schmidt, Peter. Depression during the menopause transition: impact on quality of life, social adjustment, and disability. Archives of Women's Mental Health. April 2017, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p273-282.