If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Psychiatric Association Resource Document; Psychotherapy Notes Provision of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule; No. 200201; 2002
- Avery, Graham; Consent and confidentiality; Practice Nurse, November 2009, Vol 38 Issue 8, p34
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Bristol, Shirley T; Hicks, Rodney W. Protecting boundaries of consent in clinical research: Implications for improvement. Nursing Ethics. Feb2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16-27.
- Chenoweth, Don; Privacy vs security in the HIPAA environment; Behavioral Health Management; Jul/Aug 2001; Vol. 21; Issue 4.
- DeMuro, Paul & Andrew Gantt; HIPAA privacy standards raise complex implementation issues; Healthcare Financial Management; Jan 2001; Vol. 55; Issue 1.
- Fisher, Celia; Informed consent and clinical research involving children and adolescents: implications of the revised APA ethics code and HIPAA; Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology; Nov 2004; Vol. 33; Issue 4.
- Gillman, Peter B. Ph.D.; A New Era of Documentation in Psychiatry: Advice on Psychotherapy, Progress Notes; Behavioral Healthcare Tomorrow; Feb. 2004
- Gupta, Umesh Chandra. Informed consent in clinical research: Revisiting few concepts and areas. Perspectives in Clinical Research. Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26-32.
- Hecker, Lorna L.; Edwards, Anne B. The Impact of HIPAA and HITECH: New Standards for Confidentiality, Security, and Documentation for Marriage and Family Therapists. American Journal of Family Therapy. Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p95-113.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Jackson, Kate; The Dark Side of HIPAA; Social Work Today; Vol. 4 No. 1 p.11
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kuczynski, Kay & Patty Gibbs-Wahlberg; HIPAA the healthcare hippo: despite the rhetoric, is privacy still an issue?; Social Work; Jul 2005; Vol. 50; Issue 3.
- Legal Action Center expects confidentiality to be preserved. Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly. 9/30/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p3-4. .
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic; Documentation in social work; evolving ethical and risk-management standards; Oct 2001; Vol. 50; Issue 4.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
-Richards, Margaret M; Electronic Medical Records: Confidentiality Issues in the Time of HIPAA; Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, December 2009, Vol 40 Issue 6, p550
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Schwoebel, Camilla. Confidentiality: A Conundrum in Veterans Behavioral Health Care. Developments in Mental Health Law. Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1-4.
- Smith, Hugh; Notice of privacy practices; Mayo Clinic Bulletin; 2001.
- Walfish, Steven & Ducey, Bryan B; Readability Level of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Notices of Privacy Practices Used by Psychologists in Clinical Practice; Professional Psychology: Research and Practice; Vol 38(2), Apr 2007. pp. 203-207
- Yennie, Henry; HIPAA: what does it mean for behavioral health; Behavioral Health Management; Jan/Feb 2001; Vol. 21; Issue 1.
- Ziel, Susan; Get on board with HIPAA privacy regulations; Nursing Management; Oct 2002; Vol. 33; Issue 10.
- Zulueta, Paquita de; Ethical and legal issues of confidentiality; General Practice Update, May 2009, Vol 2 Issue 5, p42