|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; “The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition.” The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; “HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed.” Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; “Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV.” St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468.
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.
Others who bought this HIV/AIDS Course
Booklet for this course | HIV/AIDS CEU Courses
Forward to Section 14
Back to Section 12
Table of Contents
Only a few people starting an integrase inhibitor discontinue the treatment during the first year of therapy due to drug-related toxicities, investigators from Switzerland report in an advance online publication in the journal AIDS. The prospective study monitored over 4000 HIV-positive people who started treatment with raltegravir or dolutegravir between 2006 and 2015. Side-effects leading
On 18 July the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Gilead Sciences' Vosevi, a new once-daily combination pill containing sofosbuvir, velpatasvir, and voxilaprevir. Vosevi was approved as "salvage therapy" for people with all hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotypes who were not previously cured with prior direct-acting antiviral (DAA) therapy. Vosevi
Only half of HIV-positive patients at a Chicago clinic eligible for statin therapy according to the latest US guidelines are receiving this treatment, investigators report in the online edition of the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. The researchers say their findings raise concerns about suboptimal cardiovascular disease (CVD) prevention among people living with
People who started HIV treatment with a drug combination containing atazanavir (Reyataz) were significantly less likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke than people starting treatment with other regimens, a large study of US military veterans has found. The findings are published in advance online in the journal AIDS. Atazanavir is
Data from the partner services programme in New York City suggests that gay men who have previously used an HIV self-test tend to seek confirmatory testing without delay, according to an article published online ahead of print in Sexually Transmitted Diseases. The study also highlights socio-demographic differences between those using