|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Edlefsen, Mary & Baird, Margaret; Making it Work: Preventative Mental Health Care for Disadvantaged Preschoolers; Social Work; Vol. 39 (5); 1994; US: NASW Press
- Gering, Mark; Receiving gifts from clients: ethical and therapeutic issues; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jul 2004; Vol. 26; Issue 3.
- Glass, Leonard; The gray areas of boundary crossings and violations; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2003; Vol. 57; Issue 4.
- Marsh, Howard; Reynard, John; Patient confidentiality: ethical, legal and regulatory responsibilities; BJU International, July 2009, Vol 104 Issue 2
- Mighten, Janice. Confidentiality and Children with HIV, Pediatric Nursing, June 2009, Vol 21 Issue
- Nursing Management; The challenge of relationship boundaries in mental health; Oct 2004; Vol. 11; Issue 6.
- Reamer, Frederic; Boundary issues in social work: managing dual relationships; Social work; Jan 2003; Vol. 48; Issue 1.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Remer, Frederic; Update on confidentiality issues in practice with children: Ethics risk management; Children & Schools; Apr 2005; Vol. 27; Issue 2.
Others who bought this Confidentiality Course
Compliance Front And Center As HHS Keeps Up HIPAA Heat
This attention on documentation of HIPAA compliance is likely the result of the OCR's recent HIPAA audit, the frequent assessments of large civil penalties for HIPAA violations by the OCR, and the U.S. Department of Justice Fraud Section's new formal ...
Former OCR Advisor on HIPAA Compliance and Data Breaches: â€śThis is a Management Problem, Not a User Problemâ€ť
The Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has stepped up its enforcement activities in recent years, and 2016 was a very busy year in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) enforcement activity. In ...
Metro Community Provider Network agrees to $400k HIPAA settlement
Health Center Agrees to $400K OCR HIPAA Settlement
Overlooking risks leads to breach, $400,000 settlement | HHS.gov
Guide to HIPAA Compliance for Containers
For organizations using containerized environments to handle ePHI, ensuring HIPAA compliance without sacrificing the benefits of containers can be a challenge. Twistlock's Guide to HIPAA Compliance for Containers outlines clear steps to design and ...
Telecommuting Healthcare Employees Get Employers in HIPAA Compliance Hot Water
The National Law Review
As the healthcare industry has expanded to providing home healthcare services, more service providers are allowing their employees to work remotely, i.e., telecommuting. The flexibility for healthcare workers to work from anywhere with an Internet ...
What is a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)?
But what exactly are HIPAA business associates? Are they held to the same healthcare privacy and security requirements as covered entities? What happens when they violate their obligations? In this primer, HealthITSecurity.com takes a deeper look at ...