By the end of the course, the Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist will be able to:
- Use 'Choices and Consequences' to assess levels of abuse
- Understand 6 intervention strategies for bystanders
- Understand family violence, anger expression styles, and adolescent dating violence
- Take 'Time out' for clients with a conflict 'Adrenaline rush'
- Understand the four C's of confrontation in an intervention
- Know how to prepare for the difficulties ahead by utilizing the 3 key FAS diagnostic models
- Use the fantasy technique to help clients get past the pain
- Avoid poorly executed hospitalization
- Assist parents with 7 steps to assess their child
"The instructional level of this course is introductory, intermediate, or advanced depending on the learners clinical area of expertise."