The Publication below is from the U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs National Institute of Justice.
1. Use + and – at top of page to increase or decrease size
2. Click and drag on page to move text to be more visible , if needed
3. Click speaker at top of page to add or delete sound
4. If message below indicates "A plugin is needed to display this content." CLICK HERE
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- Rosay Ph.D., Andre B. Violence Against American Indian and Alaska Native Women and Men - 2010 Findings From the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, National Institute of Justice Research Report, May 2016, p.21-27.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
McKinley, C. E. (2021). “It just took something from me”: A mixed-methods examination of intimate partner violence victimization and perpetration among U.S. Indigenous peoples. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
Metheny, N., & Stephenson, R. (2020). Structural stressors and intimate partner violence in indigenous men who have sex with men in the United States. Stigma and Health, 5(4), 492–496.
Tummala-Narra, P., Gordon, J., Gonzalez, L. D., de Mello Barreto, L., Meerkins, T., Nguyen, M. N., Medzhitova, J., & Perazzo, P. (2019). Breaking the silence: Perspectives on sexual violence among Indian American women. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 10(4), 293–306.
Walling, S. M., Suvak, M. K., Howard, J. M., Taft, C. T., & Murphy, C. M. (2012). Race/ethnicity as a predictor of change in working alliance during cognitive behavioral therapy for intimate partner violence perpetrators. Psychotherapy, 49(2), 180–189.
Yuan, N. P., Belcourt-Dittloff, A., Schultz, K., Packard, G., & Duran, B. M. (2015). Research agenda for violence against American Indian and Alaska Native women: Toward the development of strength-based and resilience interventions. Psychology of Violence, 5(4), 367–373.
Online Continuing Education QUESTION
What is the definition of NIJ Measures of Physical Violence by Intimate Partners?
To select and enter your answer go to .