- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. 1-800-622-2255
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Treatment Referral Helpline
24 Hours English and Spanish
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- American Council on Alcoholism
- Recovery Connection 24 Hour Hotline 800-993-3869
-Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
-Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Barrett, Randy; Washington workaholics; National Journal; Jan 2007; Vol. 39; Issue 2.
- Burwell, Rebecca & Charles Chen; Applying REBT to workaholic clients; Counseling Psychology Quarterly; Sept 2002; Vol. 15; Issue 3.
- Cartwright, Catherine. The Working Mother’s Book of Time: How to Take It, Make It, Save It, and Savor It. St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 2000.
- Chamberlin, Christine M.; Naijian Zhang; Workaholism, Health, and Self-Acceptance.; Journal of Counseling & Development, April 2009, Vol 87 Issue 2, p159
- Diamond, Jed. The Irritable Male Syndrome: Managing the 4 Key Causes of Depression and Aggression. Rodale, Inc. New York, NY. 2004.
-Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135.
- Goodman, Brenda; A field guide to the workaholic; Psychology Today; Jun 2006; Vol. 39; Issue 3.
- Hawthorn, John & Susan Lewis; Work, leisure, and well-being; British Journal of Guidance & Counseling; Feb 2005; Vol. 33; Issue 1.
- Levine, James A. & Pittinsky, Todd L. Working Fathers: New Strategies for Balancing Work and Family. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Inc. Reading, MA. 1997.
- Men’s Health; Hard Charger or Workaholic?; Nov 2005; Vol. 20; Issue 9.
-Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496.
-Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206.
- Robinson, Bryan; A typology of workaholics with implications for counselors; Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling; Oct 2000; Vol. 21; Issue 1.
- Robinson, Bryan; Workaholism: bridging the gap between workplace, sociocultural, and family research; Journal of Employment Counseling; Mar 2000; Vol. 37; Issue 1.
- Sawi, Beth. Coming Up for Air: How to Build a Balanced Life in a Workaholic World. Hyperion. New York, NY. 2000.
- Smith, Hyrum W. The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management: Proven Strategies for Increased Productivity and Inner Peace. Warner Books, Inc. New York, NY. 1994
- Snir, Raphael; Harpaz, Itzhak; Workaholism From a Cross-Cultural Perspective; Cross-Cultural Research, November 2009, Vol 43 Issue 4, p303
- Witkin, Georgia, Ph.d. The Male Stress Survival Guide. Newmarket Press. New York, NY. 2002.
- Ying-Wen Liang; Chen-Ming Chu; Personality Traits and Personal and Organizational inducements: Antecedents of Workaholism; Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 2009, Vol 37 Issue 5, p645