If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. 1-800-622-2255
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Treatment Referral Helpline
24 Hours English and Spanish
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- American Council on Alcoholism
- Recovery Connection 24 Hour Hotline 800-993-3869
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- Baer, John S.; Kivlahan, Daniel R.; Blume, Arthur W.; McKnight, Patrick; Marlatt, G. Alan; Brief Intervention for Heavy-Drinking College Students: 4-Year Follow-Up and Natural History; American Journal of Public Health, Aug2001, Vol. 91 Issue 8
- Banningfield, Margaret M.; Trucco, Elisa M.; Barreira, Paul J.; Greenfield, Shelly F.; Treatment of Alcohol Intoxication at University Health Services: Examining Clinical Characteristics, Drinking Patterns, and Adherence with Referral; Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education, April 2009, Vol 53 Issue 1
- Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Bio-Acoustical Utilization Device or B.A.U.D. for more information go to baudenergetics.com.
- Carey, Kate B.; Scott-Sheldon, Lori A. J.; Elliott, Jennifer C.; Bolles, Jamie R.; Carey, Michael P.; Computer-delivered interventions to reduce college student drinking: a meta-analysis; Addiction, November 2009, Vol 104 Issue 11
-Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Hanson, Meredith; Gutheil, Irene A.; Motivational Strategies with Alcohol-Involved Older Adults: Implications for Social Work Practice; Social Work, Jul 2004, Vol. 49 Issue 3
- Klingemann, Harald; Rosenberg, Harold; Acceptance and Therapeutic Practice of Controlled Drinking as an Outcome Goal by Swiss Alcohol Treatment Programmes; European Addiction Research, 2009, Vol 15 Issue 3
- Koerkel, Joachim; Controlled Drinking As A Treatment Goal In Germany; Journal of Drug Issues, Spring2002, Vol. 32 Iss. 2
- Lewis, Todd F.; Osborn, Cynthia J.; Solution-Focused Counseling and Motivational Interviewing: A Consideration of Confluence; Journal of Counseling & Development, Winter2004, Vol. 82 Issue 1
- Miller, William R., Ph.D. & Munoz, Ricardo F., Ph.D.; “Controlling Your Drinking: Tools to Make Moderation Work for You.” The Guilford Press, New York, NY. 2005.
-Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496. 4p. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12045
- Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206. 14p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-466.
- Schulze, Daniela; Jones, Barry T.; Desire for alcohol and outcome expectancies as measures of alcohol cue-reactivity; Addiction, Jul2000, Vol. 95 Issue 7
- Stein, L. A. R.; Lebeau-Craven, Rebecca; Motivational Interviewing And Relapse Prevention For DWI: A Pilot Study; Journal of Drug Issues, Fall2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4
- Tiffany, Stephen T.; Conklin, Cynthia A.; A cognitive processing model of alcohol craving and compulsive alcohol use; Addiction, Aug2000 Supplement 2, Vol. 95
- Werch, Chudley E.; Pappas, Deborah M.; Carlson, Joan M.; DiClemente, Carlo C.; Chally, Pamela S.; Sinder, Jacqueline A.; Results of a Social Norm Intervention to Prevent Binge Drinking Among First-year Residential College Students; Journal of American College Health, Sep2000, Vol. 49 Issue 2