If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bird, Michael; Llewellyn-Jones, Robert H.; Korten, Ailsa; An evaluation of the effectiveness of a case-specific approach to challenging behaviour associated with dementia; Aging & Mental Health; Jan. 2009; Vol. 13; Issue 1; p 73-82
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104. 7p. DOI: 10.1177/1066480713505062.
- Glenner, Joy A.; Stehman, Jean M.; Davagnino, Judith; Galante, Margaret J.; Green, Martha L.; “When Your Loved One Has Dementia: A Simple Guide for Caregivers”; John Hopkins University Press.; Baltimore, MD.; 2005.
- Gottlieb, B. H.; Johnson, J.; Respite programs for caregivers of persons with dementia: a review with practice implications; Aging & Mental Health; May2000; Vol. 4 Issue 2
- Hopper, Tammy; Bourgeois, Michelle; Pimentel, Jane; Qualls, Constance Dean; Hickey, Ellen; Frymark, Tobi; Schooling, Tracy. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review on Cognitive Interventions for Individuals With Dementia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p126-145. 20p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/11-0137).
- Keough, Jeremy; Huebner, Ruth A.; Treating Dementia: The Complementing Team Approach of Occupational Therapy and Psychology; Journal of Psychology; Jul2000; Vol. 134 Issue 4
- Kydd, Angela; Touhy, Theris; Newman, David; Fagerberg, Ingegerd; Engstrom, Gabriella. Attitudes towards caring for older people in Scotland, Sweden and the United States. Nursing Older People. Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33-40. 8p.
- Koenig Coste, Joanne.; “Learning to Speak Alzheimer’s: A Groundbreaking Approach for Everyone Dealing with the Disease”; Houghton Mifflin.; New York, NY.; 2003.
- Lou, Meei-Fang; The use of music to decrease agitated behavior of the demented elderly: the state of the science; Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences; Jun2001; Vol. 15 Issue 2
- McCallion, Philip; Toseland, Ronald W.; Gerber, Todd; Banks, Steven; Increasing the Use of Formal Services by Caregivers of People with Dementia; Social Work; Jul2004; Vol. 49 Issue 3
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames: Areas of Conflict in the Intimte Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100. 14p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.3176/tr.2013.1.04.
- Min, Lillian; Wenger, Neil; Walling, Anne M.; Blaum, Caroline; Cigolle, Christine; Ganz, David A.; Reuben, David; Shekelle, Paul; Roth, Carol; Kerr, Eve A. When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care Index. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Apr2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p542-550. 9p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12160.
- Mitrani, V.B.; Czaja, S. J.; Family-based therapy for dementia caregivers: clinical observations; Aging & Mental Health, Aug2000; Vol. 4 Issue 3
- Neufeld, A.; Harrison, M.J.; Unfulfilled expectations and negative interactions: nonsupport in the relationships of women caregivers; Journal of Advanced Nursing; Feb2003; Vol. 41 Issue 4
-Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A theoretical review of the differential effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18. 8p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.5093/c12013a2.
- Pocnet, Cornelia; Rossier, Jérôme; Antonietti, Jean-Philippe; Gunten, Armin. Personality traits and behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients at an early stage of Alzheimer's disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p276-283. 8p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1002/gps.3822.
- Quinn, Catherine; Anderson, Daniel; Toms, Gill; Whitaker, Rhiannon; Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor; Jones, Carys; Clare, Linda. Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study). Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-18. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-74.
- Robinson, Karen M.; Adkisson, Pam; Weinrich, Sally; Problem behavior, caregiver reactions, and impact among caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease; Journal of Advanced Nursing; Nov2001; Vol. 36 Issue 4
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More mental health problems after divorce in couples with high pre-divorce alcohol consumption than in other divorced couples: results from the HUNT-study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11. 11p. 8 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-852.
- Smith, Amanda G.; Behavioral problems in dementia; Postgraduate Medicine; Jun2004; Vol. 115 Issue 6
- Sussman, Tamara; Regehr, Cheryl; The Influence of Community-Based Services on the Burden of Spouses Caring for Their Partners with Dementia; Health & Social Work; Feb. 2009; Vol. 34; Issue 1; p 29-40
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41. 13p. DOI: 10.1080/01926187.2012.747944.
- Tappen, Ruth M.; “Interventions for Alzheimer’s Disease: A Caregiver’s Complete Reference”; Health Professions Press.; Baltimore, MD.; 1997.
- Tzeng, Yu-Ling; Lin, Li-Chan; Shyr, Yea-Ing Lotus; Wen, Jung-Kwang; Sexual behavior of institutionalized residents with dementia – a qualitative study; Journal of Clinical Nursing; April 2009; Vol. 13; Issue 7; p 991- 1001