If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. 1-800-622-2255
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Treatment Referral Helpline
24 Hours English and Spanish
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- American Council on Alcoholism
- Recovery Connection 24 Hour Hotline 800-993-3869
-Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p.
-Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Chi, Felicia W.; Kaskutas, Lee A.; Sterling, Stacy; Campbell, Cynthia I.; Weisner, Constance; Twelve-Step affiliation and 3-year substance use outcomes among adolescents: social support and religious service attendance as potential mediators; Addiction, June 2009, Vol 104 Issue 6, p927
- Davis, Diane Rae and Golie G Jansen; Making Meaning Of Alcoholics Anonymous For Social Workers: Myths, Metaphors, And Realities; Social Work, March 98; Vol 43 Issue 2; p169-182
-Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135.
- Granfield, Robert and William Cloud; The Elephant that No One Sees: Natural Recovery Among Middle-Class Addicts; Journal of Drug Issues; Winter96, Vol. 26 Issue 1; p45
-Hanninen, Vilma PhD, and Anja Koski-Jannes; Narratives Of Recovery From Addictive Behaviors; Addiction; Dec99, Vol. 94 Issue 12.
- Jessup , Martha A. et al; Extrinsic Barriers To Substance Abuse Treatment Among Pregnant Drug Dependent Women; Journal Of Drug Issues; Spring 2003, Vol 33 Issue 2, p. 285
- Lemanski, Michael J.; The Tenacity of Error in the Treatment of Addiction; Humanist; May/June97, Vol57 Issue 3, p18-23
- McKellar, John D.; Harris, Alexander H.; Moos, Rudolf H; Patients’ abstinence status affects the benefits of 12-step self-help group participation on substance use disorder outcomes; Drug & Alcohol Dependence, January 2009, Vol 99 Issues 1-3, p115
- Mellin, Laurel; The Pathway: Follow the Road to Health and Happiness; Harper Collins: New York; 2003
- Newhouse, Eric; Alcohol: Cradle to Grave; Hazelden: Minnesota; 2001
-Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496. 4p. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12045
- Peiser PhD, Kenneth and Martin Sandry PhD; The Universal 12-Step Program: How to Overcome Any Addiction and Win!; Adams Media Corporation: Massachusetts; 2000
- Pringle, Laurence; Drinking: A Risky Business; Morrow Junior Books: New York; 1997
-Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206.
- Streifel, Cathy; Servaty-Seib, Heather L; Recovering From Alcohol and Other Drug Dependency: Loss and Spirituality in a 12-Step Context; Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, June 2009, Vol 27 Issue 2, p184
- Tessina, Tina B. Ph. D., The Real 13th Step, Career Press, New Jersey, 2001.
- Tighe MS, Allen A.; Stop the Chaos!; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1999
- Washington PhD, Olivia GM, and David P Moxley PhD; Group Interventions With Low-Income African American Women Recovering From Chemical Dependency; Health & Social Work; May 2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2; p146-156.