The Publication below is from The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
1. Use + and – at top of page to increase or decrease size
2. Click and drag on page to move text to be more visible , if needed
3. Click speaker at top of page to add or delete sound
4. If message below indicates "A plugin is needed to display this content." CLICK HERE
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- Shannon Nugent, PhD; Maya O’Neil, PhD; Benjamin Morasco, PhD; and Devan Kansagara, MD. The Benefits and Harms of Cannabis Use in Chronic Pain or PTSD: A Systematic Review. VA Portland Health Care System Evidence-based Synthesis Program, p1-49.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Bedard-Gilligan, M., Garcia, N., Zoellner, L. A., & Feeny, N. C. (2018). Alcohol, cannabis, and other drug use: Engagement and outcome in PTSD treatment. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 32(3), 277–288.
Kevorkian, S., Bonn-Miller, M. O., Belendiuk, K., Carney, D. M., Roberson-Nay, R., & Berenz, E. C. (2015). Associations among trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder, cannabis use, and cannabis use disorder in a nationally representative epidemiologic sample. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 29(3), 633–638.
Papini, S., Ruglass, L. M., Lopez-Castro, T., Powers, M. B., Smits, J. A. J., & Hien, D. A. (2017). Chronic cannabis use is associated with impaired fear extinction in humans. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126(1), 117–124.
What are the Harms Associated with Cannabis Use?
To select and enter your answer go to .