If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Acarturk, C.; Smit, F.; de Graaf, R.; van Straten, A.; ten Have, M.; Cuijpers, P; Incidence of social phobia and identification of its risk indicators: a model for prevention; Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, January 2009, Vol 119 Issue 1, p62
- Anderson, Erin. Scared Stiff: Everything You Need to Know about 50 Famous Phobias. Booklist. 3/15/2014, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p69-69.
- Beck, Aaron T. & Emery, Gary. “Anxiety Disorders and Phobias: A Cognitive Perspective.” Basic Books, Inc. Publishers. New York, NY. 1985.
- Bowman, Darcia Harris; Scared Silent; Education Week; 3/26/2003, Vol. 22, Issue 28
- Briscoe, James; Phobias; General Practitioner, Oct. 6, 2006
- Cox, Brian J.; Pagura, Jina; Stein, Murray B.; Sareen, Jitender; The relationship between generalized social phobia and avoidant personality disorder in a national mental health survey; Depression & Anxiety, 2009, Vol 26 Issue 4, p354
- Curtis, Russell C., Kimball, Amy, Stroup, Erin L.; Understanding and Treating Social Phobia; Journal of Counseling and Development; Winter 2004; Vol. 82, Issue 1.
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46. 7p. 2 Color Photographs, 3 Illustrations.
- Emery, Gary, Ph.D. & Campbell, James, M.D. “Rapid Relief and Emotional Distress.” Rawson Associates. New York, NY. 1986.
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Jensen, Vicki L.; Hougaard, Esben; Fishman, Daniel B. Sara, A Social Phobia Client with Sudden Change After Exposure Exercises in Intensive Cognitive-Behavior Group Therapy: A Case-Based Analysis of Mechanisms of Change. PCSP: Pragmatic Case Studies in Psychotherapy. 2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p275-336.
- King, Neville J., Heyne, David, Gullone, Elenora, Molloy, Geoffrey N.; Usefulness of Emotive Imagery in the Treatment of Childhood Phobias: Clinical Guidelines; Counselling Psychology Quarterly, Jun 2001, Vol. 14, Issue 2
- King, Neville J., Muris, Peter, Olledick, Thomas H.; Childhood fears and phobias: Assessment and Treatment; Child & Adolescent Mental Healt; May 2005; Vol. 10, Issue 2
- Kleinknecht, Ronald A.; Afraid of the Weather?; Weatherwise; No/Dec 2002; Vol. 56, Issue 6
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9472-5.
- Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522. 7p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21992.
- Krvanski, Valerie L.; A Breif Review of Selective Mutism Literature; Journal of Psychology; Jan 2003; Vol. 137, Issue 1
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- Leahy, Robert. “Practicing Cognitive Therapy: A Guide to Interventions.” Jason Aronson, Inc. Northvale, NJ. 1997.
- Liotti, Giovanni. Phobias of Attachment-Related Inner States in the Psychotherapy of Adult Survivors of Childhood Complex Trauma. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Nov2013, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p1136-1147.
- Moldovan, Ramona; David, Daniel. One Session Treatment of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy and Virtual Reality for Social and Specific Phobias, Preliminary Results from a Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of Evidence-Based Psychotherapies. Mar2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p67-83.
- Monaghan, Peter; Real Fear, Virtually Overcome; Chronicle of Higher Education;10/15/2004; Vol. 51, Issue 8
- Peurifoy, Reneau Z., M.A., M.F.C.C. “Anxiety Phobias, & Panic: A Step by Step Program for Regaining Control of Your Life.” Warner Books. New York, NY. 1995.
- Spiegel, David. Tranceformations: Hypnosis in Brain and Body. Depression & Anxiety (1091-4269). Apr2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p342-352.
- Szegedy-Maszak, Marianne; Conquering our Phobias; U.S. News & World Report; Vol. 137, Issue 20
- Thurgate C, Heppell S.; Needle phobia- Changing venepuncture practice in ambulatory care; Paediatric Nursing; Nov. 2005; Vol. 17, Issue 9
- Titov, Nickolai; Gibson, Matthew; Andrews, Gavin; McEvoy, Peter; Internet treatment for social phobia reduces comorbidity; Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, August 2009, Vol 43 Issue 8, p754
- Tranel, Daniel D. “The Cognitive Client: A Counseling-Learning Model.” Counseling Learning Publications. East Dubuque, IL. 1982.
- Vose, Ruth Hurst. “Agoraphobia.” Faber and Faber Limited. London. 1981.
- Wald, Jaye, Taylor, Steven; Preliminary Research on the Efficacy of Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy to Treat Driving Phobia; CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct 2003; Vol. 6, Issue 5
- Walsh, Joseph; Shyness and Social Phobia; Health & Social Work; May 2002; Vol. 27, Issue 2