If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bardick, Angela D and Kerry B Bernes; A Closer Examination of Bipolar Disorder in School-Age Children; Professional School Counseling; Oct2005, Vol.9 Issue 1, p72
- Beal, Davena and Kathleen R Delaney; Milieu Management of a Child with Bipolar Illness; Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing; Jul-Sep 2005; Vol 18 Issue 3, p113
- Carlson, Gabrielle A; Early Onset Bipolar Disorder: Confusion and Controversy; Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology; Jun2005, Vol 34 Issue 2, p333
- Duval, Sarah J; Six-year old Thomas Diagnosed with Pediatric Onset Bipolar Disorder: A Case Study; Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing; Jan-Mar2005; Vol 18 Issue 1; p38
- Fawcett, M.D. & Bernard Golden, Ph.D. & Nancy Rosenfeld; “New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder”; Prima Health; Roseville, CA; 2000
- Greenspan, Stanley I and Ira Glovinsky; Bipolar patterns in children: New perspectives on development, prevention, and treatment; Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter; May2005; Vol 21 Issue 5, p.1
- Janardhan Reddy, Y.C. and S. Srinath; Juvenile Bipolar Disorder; Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica; Sep2000, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p162
- Lake, Peter M; Evaluating Children for Bipolar Disorder; Behavioral Health Management; Jan/Feb 2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
- Lederman, Judith & Candida Fink, M.D.; “Ups and Downs of Raising a Bipolar Child: A Survival Guide for Parents”; Fireside; New York, NY; 2003
- Lobban, Fiona; Solis-Trapala, Ivonne; Tyler, Elizabeth; Chandler, Claire; Morriss, Richard. The Role of Beliefs About Mood Swings in Determining Outcome in Bipolar Disorder. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Feb2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p51-60. 10p. 3 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9452-9
- Luby, JL; Tandon, M; Belden, A; Diagnostic and safety issues critical for bipolar disorder in young children; Brown University Child & Adolescent Psychopharmacology Update, July 2009, Vol 11 Issue 7, p1
- McDougall, Tim; Nursing Children and Adolescents With Bipolar Disorder: Assessment, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management; Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, February 2009, Vol 22 Issue 1, p33
- McLay, Robert N.; Ram, Vasudha; Webb-Murphy, Jennifer; Baird, Alicia; Hickey, Anita; Johnston, Scott. Apparent Comorbidity of Bipolar Disorder in a Population With Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Military Medicine. Feb2014, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p157-161. 5p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.7205/MILMED-D-13-00307.
- Papolos, Demitri M.D. & Janice Papolos; “The Bipolar Child: The Definitive and Reassuring Guide to Childhood’s Most Misunderstood Disorder”; Broadway Books; New York, NY; 2002
- Pavuluri, M N, P A Graczyk, and D B Brown; RAINBOW: Two programs combined may be better than one for pediatric BD; Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavioral Letter; Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
- Perich, T.; Manicavasagar, V.; Mitchell, P. B.; Ball, J. R.; Hadzi-Pavlovic, D. A randomized controlled trial of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for bipolar disorder. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. May2013, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p333-343. 11p. 3 Diagrams, 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/acps.12033
- Pfennig, Andrea; Leopold, Karolina; Bechdolf, Andreas; Correll, Christoph U.; Holtmann, Martin; Lambert, Martin; Marx, Carolin; Meyer, Thomas D; Pfeiffer, Steffi; Reif, Andreas; Rottmann-Wolf, Maren; Schmitt, Natalie M.; Stamm, Thomas; Juckel, Georg; Bauer, Michael. Early specific cognitive-behavioural psychotherapy in subjects at high risk for bipolar disorders: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-21. 21p. 1 Diagram, 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-161.
- Rydén, E.; Thase, M. E.; Stråht, D.; Åberg-Wistedt, A.; Bejerot, S.; Landén, M; A history of childhood attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) impacts clinical outcome in adult bipolar patients regardless of current ADHD; Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, September 2009, Vol 120 Issue 3, p239
- Saha, S. Avoidable vs. non-avoidable causes of deaths in schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. Mar2013, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p171-172. 2p. DOI: 10.1111/acps.12060.
-Sienaert, Pascal; Lambrichts, Lore; Dols, Annemiek; De Fruyt, Jürgen, Evidence-based treatment strategies for treatment-resistant bipolar depression: a systematic review, Bipolar Disorders. Feb2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61-69. 9p. 3 Charts
--Welge, Jeffrey A; DelBello, Melissa P, Treatment of youth with bipolar disorder: long-term versus maintenance, Bipolar Disorders. Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p150-152. 3p.
- Wilkinson, Greta Buyck, Priscilla Taylor PhD, and Jan R Holt EdD; Bipolar Disorder in Adolescence: Diagnosis and Treatment; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Oct2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p348
- Young MD, RC, JT Biggs MD, VE Ziegler MD, and DA Meyer MD; A rating scale for mania: reliability, validity, and sensitivity; British Journal of Psychiatry; 1978, 133: 429-435; http://www.neurotransmitter.net/bipolarscales.html