If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Bunting, Sheila M; Sustaining The Relationship: Women's Caregiving In The Context Of HIV Disease; Health Care for Women International; January 2001; Vol. 22 Issue ½
- Dietz, Steven D. and Parker Hicks, M. Jane, M.D.; "Take These Broken Wings and Fly: The Support Book for Patients, Family, and Friends Living With AIDS." Harbinger House, Inc. Tucson, AZ. 1989.
- Dietz, Patricia M. ,DrPH, Amy L. Krueger, MPH, Richard J. Wolitski, PhD, Anna Satcher Johnson, MPH, Erica Dunbar, MPH, Lillian S. Lin, PhD, Samuel Dooley, MD, Donna Hubbard McCree, PhD, Shubha Rao, MPH, H. Irene Hall, PhD Dale Stratford, PhD, State HIV Prevention Progress Report 2014, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, p1-108.
- Flaskerud, Jacquelyn H.; Distressing Emotions in Female Caregivers of People With AIDS, Age-Related Dementias; Perspectives in Psychiatric Care; Oct-Dec2000; Vol. 36 Issue 4
- Flaskerud, Jacquelyn H and Patricia Lee; Vulnerability to health problems in female informal caregivers of persons with HIV/AIDS and age-related dementias; Journal of Advanced Nursing; January 2001; Vol. 33 Issue 1
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Heckman, TG et al; A pilot coping improvement intervention for late middle-aged and older adults living with HIV/AIDS in the USA; AIDS Care; February 2001; Vol. 13 Issue 1
- Houts, Peter S., Ph.D.; "Home Care Guide for HIV and AIDS." American College of Physicians. Philadelphia, PA. 1998.
- Jarvis, Debra.; "The Journey Through AIDS: A Guide for Loved Ones and Caregivers." Lion Publishing. Batavia, IL. 1992.
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Knowlton, Amy R.; Curry, Aaron; Wei Hua; Wissow, Lawrence; Depression and social context: primary supporter relationship factors associated with depressive symptoms among a disadvantaged population with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Community Psychology, May 2009, Vol 37 Issue 4, p526
- Maman, Suzanne; Moodley, Dhayendre; McNaughton-Reyes, Heathe Luz; Groves, Allison K.; Kagee, Ashraf; Moodley, Prashini. "Efficacy of Enhanced HIV Counseling for Risk Reduction during Pregnancy and in the Postpartum Period: A Randomized Controlled Trial." PLoS ONE. May2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1-9. 9p. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0097092.
- Mitchell, Mary M.; Knowlton, Amy; Stigma, Disclosure, and Depressive Symptoms among Informal Caregivers of People Living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p611
- Orsulic-Jeras, Silvia, Brad Shepherd, and Paula Britton; Counseling Older Adults with HIV/AIDS: A Strength-Based Model of Treatment; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; July 2003; Vol. 25 Issue 3
- Periyakoil, Vyjeyanthi and James Hallenbeck; Identifying and Managing Preparatory Grief and Depression at the End of Life; American Family Physician; March 2002; Vol. 65 Issue 5
- Pohl, Mel, M.D., Kay, Deniston, Ph.D., and Toft, Doug. "The Caregiver’s Journey: When You Love Someone With AIDS." Harper Collins. New York, NY. 1991.
- Ramiro, María Teresa; Teva, Inmaculada; Bermúdez, María Paz; Buela-Casal, Gualberto. "Social support, self-esteem and depression: Relationship with risk for sexually transmitted infections/HIV transmission." International Journal of Clinical Health & Psychology. sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p181-188. 8p.
- Reeves, Andrew; When a client seems suicidal…; Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal; October 2004; Vol. 4, Issue 4
- Rokach, Ami; Terminal Illness and Coping With Loneliness; Journal of Psychology; May 2000; Vol. 134 Issue 3
- Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane, Martha Lee, Marya Gwadz, and Barbara Draimin; An Intervention for Parents With AIDS and Their Adolescent Children; American Journal of Public Health; August 2001; Vol. 91 Issue 8
- Scon, Ann, Deirdre Lewis, Nicola Loughlin, and Mary Chambers; Dementia and challenging behaviour: the needs of family caregivers; Nursing Older People; March 2005; Vol. 17 Issue 1
- Shumbusho, Fabienne; van Griensven, Johan; Lowrance, David; Turate, Innocent; Weaver, Mark A.; Price, Jessica; Binagwaho, Agnes; Task Shifting for Scale-up of HIV Care: Evaluation of Nurse-Centered Antiretroviral Treatment at Rural Health Centers in Rwanda; PLoS Medicine, October 2009, Vol 6 Issue 10, p1
- Soon, Collyn Wai-Ching, and Alan Barnard; A Phenomenographic Approach To Examine The Different Ways HIV Patients Understand The Experience Of Counseling; Internet Journal of Mental Health; 2002; Vol. 1 Issue 2
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.