If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bergman, B.; Professional skills and frame of work organization in managing borderline personality disorder. Shared philosophy or ambivalence--a qualitative study from the view of caregivers; Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences; 2000; Vol. 14 (4)
- Carlson, Richard, Ph.D.; "You Can Feel Good Again: Common-Sense Therapy for Releasing Depression and Changing Your Life"; Penguin Books. New York, NY. 1993.
- Diamond, Diana, Kenneth Levy, John Clarkin, and Chase Stovall-McClough; Patient-therapist attachment in the treatments of borderline personality disorder; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic; Summer 2003; Vol. 67 Issue 3
- Dobbin, Gloria; A life worth living; Therapy Today; May 2006; Vol. 17 Issue 4
-Drapeau, Martin; Perry, J. Christopher; Koerner, Annett; An Empirical Examination of Three Models of The Interpersonal Functioning of Patients With Borderline Personality Disorder; Psychiatry: Interpersonal & Biological Processes, July 2009, Vol 72 Issue 2, p143
- Evans, Patricia; "Verbal Abuse: Survivors Speak Out"; Adams Media Corporation. Holbrook, MA; 1993.
- Fowler, J. Christopher, Mark Hilsenroth, and Eric Nolan; Exploring the inner world of self-mutilating borderline patients: A Rorschach investigation; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic; Summer 2000; Vol. 64 Issue 3
- Gabbard, Glen; Psychodynamic psychotherapy of borderline personality disorder: A contemporary approach; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic; Winter 2001; Vol. 65 Issue 1
- Galloway, VA; Caring less, doing more: the role of therapeutic detachment with volatile and unmotivated clients; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2003; Vol. 57 (1)
- Gregory, RJ; The deconstructive experience; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2005; Vol. 59 (4)
- Gregory, RJ; Thematic stages of recovery in the treatment of borderline personality disorder; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2004; Vol. 58 (3)
- Jacobson, Bonnie, Ph.D.; "If Only You Would Listen: How to Stop Blaming His or Her Gender And Start Communicating with the One You Love"; St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY.; 1995.
- Kernberg, Otto F.; Yeomans, Frank E. Borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder: Practical differential diagnosis. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Mar2013, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p1-22. 22p. DOI: 10.1521/bumc.2013.77.1.1.
- Markowitz, John, Andrew Skodol, and Kathryn Bleiberg; Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Borderline Personality Disorder: Possible Mechanisms of Change; Journal of Clinical Psychology; Vol. 62(4); 2006
- Nagata, Toshihiko; Yamada, Hisashi; Teo, Alan R.; Yoshimura, Chiho. Using the mood disorder questionnaire and bipolar spectrum diagnostic scale to detect bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder among eating disorder patients. BMC Psychiatry. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-8. 8p. 2 Charts, 5 Graphs. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-13-69.
- Paris, Joel, M.D.; "Borderline Personality Disorder: Etiology and Treatment"; American Psychiatric Press. Washington, D.C.; 1993.
- Robinson, Paul; Barrett, Barbara; Bateman, Anthony; Hakeem, Az; Hellier, Jennifer; Lemonsky, Fenella; Rutterford, Clare; Schmidt, Ulrike; Fonagy, Peter. Study Protocol for a randomized controlled trial of mentalization based therapy against specialist supportive clinical management in patients with both eating disorders and symptoms of borderline personality disorder. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-21. 21p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-14-51.
- Rosen, Mark I., Ph.D.; "Thank You for Being Such a Pain"; Harmony Books. New York, NY.; 1998.
- Roth, Kimberlee & Friedman, Freda B., Ph.D., LCSW.; "Surviving a Borderline Parent: How to Heal Your Childhood Wounds and Build Trust, Boundaries, and Self-Esteem"; New Harbinger Publications. Oakland, CA.; 2003.
- Savage, Elayne, Ph.D.; "Don’t Take It Personally! Transform Rejection into Self-Acceptance"; MJG Books. New York, NY.; 1997.
- Schmidt, Paul F.; "Coping With Difficult People"; Westminster Press. Philadelphia, PA.; 1980.
-Seres, Imola; Unoka, Zsolt; Bódi, Nikoletta; Áspán, Nikoletta; Kéri, Szabolcs; The Nueropsychology of Borderline Personality Disoder: Relationship with Clinical Dimensions and Comparison with Other Personality Disorders. Journal of Personality Disorders, December 2012, Vol 23 Issue 6, p555
-Swift, Elizabeth; Borderline personality disorder: aetiology, presentation and therapeutic relationship; Mental Health Practice, November 2011, Vol 13 Issue 3, p22
- Trepanier, Lyane; Perry, John Christopher; Koerner, Annett; Stamoulos, Constantina; Sheptycki, Amanda; Drapeau, Martin. A study of the similarity between three models of interpersonal functioning of patients with borderline personality disorder. Submitted as a brief research report. Archives of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy. Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p55-60. 6p. 1 Chart.
- Valentiner, David P.; Hiraoka, Regina; Skowronski, John J. Borderline Personality Disorder Features, Self-Verification, and Committed Relationships. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. May2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p463-480. 18p. 1 Chart, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1521/jscp.2014.33.5.463.
- Viorst, Judith; "Imperfect Control"; Simon & Schuster. New York, NY.; 1998.