Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Akbari, F., Dehghani, M., & Mohammadi, S. (2020). Factor structure and invariance of the pain catastrophizing scale in patients with chronic pain and their spouses. Rehabilitation Psychology. Advance online publication.
Burns, J. W., Gerhart, J. I., Bruehl, S., Post, K. M., Smith, D. A., Porter, L. S., Schuster, E., Buvanendran, A., Fras, A. M., & Keefe, F. J. (2016). Anger arousal and behavioral anger regulation in everyday life among people with chronic low back pain: Relationships with spouse responses and negative affect. Health Psychology, 35(1), 29–40.
Burns, J. W., Quartana, P. J., Elfant, E., Matsuura, J., Gilliam, W., Nappi, C., Wolff, B., & Gray, E. (2010). Shifts in attention biases in response to acute pain induction: Examination of a model of "conversion" among repressors. Emotion, 10(6), 755–766.
Carleton, R. N., Duranceau, S., McMillan, K. A., & Asmundson, G. J. G. (2018). Trauma, pain, and psychological distress: Attentional bias and autonomic arousal in PTSD and chronic pain. Journal of Psychophysiology, 32(2), 75–84.
Coren, S. (2016). Growing through pain: An integrative approach to treating chronic pain and emotional distress. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 26(4), 394–406.
Gerhart, J. I., Sanchez Varela, V., Burns, J. W., Hobfoll, S. E., & Fung, H. C. (2015). Anger, provider responses, and pain: Prospective analysis of stem cell transplant patients. Health Psychology, 34(3), 197–206.
Harmon-Jones, C., Hinton, E., Tien, J., Summerell, E., & Bastian, B. (2019). Pain offset reduces rumination in response to evoked anger and sadness. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 117(6), 1189–1202.
Noyman-Veksler, G., Shalev, H., Brill, S., Rudich, Z., & Shahar, G. (2018). Chronic pain under missile attacks: Role of pain catastrophizing, media, and stress-related exposure. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 10(4), 463–469.
Ong, A. D., Zautra, A. J., & Reid, M. C. (2010). Psychological resilience predicts decreases in pain catastrophizing through positive emotions. Psychology and Aging, 25(3), 516–523.
- Adams, Nicola, Poole, Helen & Clifford Richardson; Psychological approaches to chronic pain management: part I; Journal of Clinical Nursing; Mar 2006; Vol. 15; Issue 3.
- Blacker, Kara J.; Herbert, James D.; Forman, Evan M., Acceptance- versus Change-Based Pain Management: The Role of Psychological Acceptance, Behavior Modification, v36 n1 p37-48 Jan 2012.
- Bowden,Jenny. Hope & Healing fibromyalgia. Better Nutrition. May2014, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p49-52. 3p.
- Buenaver, Luis, McGuire, Lynanne & Jennifer Haythomthwaite; Cognitive-behavioral self-help for chronic pain; Journal of Clinical Psychology; Nov 2006; Vol. 62; Issue 11.
- de Boer, Maaike J.; Steinhagen, Hannemike E.; Versteegen, Gerbrig J.; Struys, Michel M. R. F.; Sanderman, Robbert. Mindfulness, Acceptance and Catastrophizing in Chronic Pain. PLoS ONE. Jan2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1-6. 6p. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0087445.
-Egan, Mary; Cornally, Nicola. Identifying barriers to pain management in long-term care. Nursing Older People. Sep2013, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p25-31. 7p.
- Farin, Erik; Ullrich, Antje; Hauer, Johannes. Participation and social functioning in patients with fibromyalgia: development and testing of a new questionnaire. Health & Quality of Life Outcomes. 2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1-11. 11p. DOI: 10.1186/1477-7525-11-135.
- Frischenschlager, O.; Psychological management of pain; Disability And Rehabilitation; May 2002; Vol. 24; Issue 8.
- Kerns, Robert, Marcus, Kelly & John Otis; Cognitive-behavioral approaches to pain management for older adults; Topics on Geriatric Rehabilitation; Mar 2001; Vol. 16; Issue 3.
- Kurtais, Y.; Exercise and cognitive-behavioral treatment in fibromyalgia syndrome; Current Pharmaceutical Design; 2006; Vol. 12; Issue 1.
- Leichsenring, Falk, Hiller, Wolfgang, Weissberg, Michael & Eric Leibing; Cognitive-behavioral therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy: techniques, efficacy, and indications; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2006; Vol. 60; Issue 3.
- Mohammad, Almajed; Integrating interventional pain therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy: what comes first?; Internet Journal of Anesthesiology; 2007; Vol. 11; Issue 2.
- Sturgeon, John A. Psychological therapies for the management of chronic pain. Psychology Research & Behavior Management. 2014, Vol. 7, p115-124. 10p. DOI: 10.2147/PRBM.S44762.
- Tan, Gabriel; Alvarez, Julie & Mark Jensen; Complementary and alternative medicine approaches to main management; Journal of Clinical Psychology; Nov 2006; Vol. 62; Issue 11.
- Thorn, Beverly & Melissa Kuhajda; Group cognitive therapy for chronic pain; Journal of Clinical Psychology; Nov 2006; Vol. 62; Issue 11.