If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Arco, L. (2015). A case study in treating chronic comorbid obsessive–compulsive disorder and depression with behavioral activation and pharmacotherapy. Psychotherapy, 52(2), 278–286.
Cludius, B., Külz, A. K., Landmann, S., Moritz, S., & Wittekind, C. E. (2017). Implicit approach and avoidance in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126(6), 761–773.
Curling, L., Kellett, S., & Totterdell, P. (2018). Cognitive analytic therapy for obsessive morbid jealousy: A case series. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 28(4), 537–555.
Endrass, T., Riesel, A., Kathmann, N., & Buhlmann, U. (2014). Performance monitoring in obsessive–compulsive disorder and social anxiety disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 123(4), 705–714.
Gámez, W., Chmielewski, M., Kotov, R., Ruggero, C., Suzuki, N., & Watson, D. (2014). The Brief Experiential Avoidance Questionnaire: Development and initial validation. Psychological Assessment, 26(1), 35–45.
Liggett, J., & Sellbom, M. (2018). Examining the DSM-5 alternative model of personality disorders operationalization of obsessive–compulsive personality disorder in a mental health sample. Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment, 9(5), 397–407.
Manduchi, K., & Schoendorff, B. (2012). First steps in FAP: Experiences of beginning Functional Analytic Psychotherapy therapist with an obsessive-compulsive personality disorder client. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 7(2-3), 72–77.
Menzies, R. E., & Dar-Nimrod, I. (2017). Death anxiety and its relationship with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126(4), 367–377.
Najmi, S., & Amir, N. (2010). The effect of attention training on a behavioral test of contamination fears in individuals with subclinical obsessive-compulsive symptoms. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 119(1), 136–142.
Newhouse-Oisten, M. K., Kestner, K. M., & Frieder, J. E. (2016). An evaluation of modified exposure therapy for a child diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and pervasive developmental disorder–not otherwise specified. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice, 16(3), 147–155.
Olatunji, B. O., Ebesutani, C., & Tolin, D. F. (2019). A bifactor model of obsessive beliefs: Specificity in the prediction of obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms. Psychological Assessment, 31(2), 210–225.
Olatunji, B. O., Rosenfield, D., Tart, C. D., Cottraux, J., Powers, M. B., & Smits, J. A. J. (2013). Behavioral versus cognitive treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder: An examination of outcome and mediators of change. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 81(3), 415–428.
Reid, A. M., Guzick, A. G., Balkhi, A. M., McBride, M., Geffken, G. R., & McNamara, J. P. H. (2017). The progressive cascading model improves exposure delivery in trainee therapists learning exposure therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 11(4), 260–265.
Reynolds, S. A., Clark, S., Smith, H., Langdon, P. E., Payne, R., Bowers, G., Norton, E., & McIlwham, H. (2013). Randomized controlled trial of parent-enhanced CBT compared with individual CBT for obsessive-compulsive disorder in young people. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 81(6), 1021–1026.
Simpson, H. B., Maher, M. J., Wang, Y., Bao, Y., Foa, E. B., & Franklin, M. (2011). Patient adherence predicts outcome from cognitive behavioral therapy in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79(2), 247–252.
Solomonov, N., Kuprian, N., Zilcha-Mano, S., Muran, J. C., & Barber, J. P. (2020). Comparing the interpersonal profiles of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder: Are there homogeneous profiles or interpersonal subtypes? Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment. Advance online publication.
Stewart, E., Frank, H., Benito, K., Wellen, B., Herren, J., Skriner, L. C., & Whiteside, S. P. H. (2016). Exposure therapy practices and mechanism endorsement: A survey of specialty clinicians. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 47(4), 303–311.
Taylor, S., & Jang, K. L. (2011). Biopsychosocial etiology of obsessions and compulsions: An integrated behavioral–genetic and cognitive–behavioral analysis. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 120(1), 174–186.
Weinberg, A., Kotov, R., & Proudfit, G. H. (2015). Neural indicators of error processing in generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and major depressive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 124(1), 172–185.
Wheaton, M. G., & Pinto, A. (2017). The role of experiential avoidance in obsessive–compulsive personality disorder traits. Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment, 8(4), 383–388.
- Abramowitz, Jonathan S. Mayo Clinic Journal of Clinical Psychology 2004.
-Cassin, Stephanie E.; Richter, Margaret A.; Zhang, K. Anne; Rector, Neil A.; Quality of Life in Treatment-Seeking Patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder With and Without Major Depressive Disorder; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; July 2009; Vol. 54; Issue 7; p 460-468
- Castle, David J.; Groves, Aaron. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 2000.
- Faulkner, Martha, PhD, CNP, LISW. Assessment and Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Children and Adolescents. University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Children’s Psychiatric Center - Cimarron Clinic, 2018.
- Fergus, Thomas A. Are 'Not Just Right Experiences' (NJREs) Specific to Obsessive-Compulsive Symptoms?: Evidence that NJREs Span across Symptoms of Emotional Disorders. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p353-363. 11p. 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.22034.
- Halmi, Katherine A. MD; Tozzi, Federica MD; Thornton, Laura M. PhD; Crow, Scott MD; Fichter, Manfred M. MD; Kaplan, Allan S. MD; Keel, Pamela PhD; Klump, Kelly L. PhD; Lilenfeld, Lisa R. PhD; Mitchell, James E. MD; Plotnicov, Katherine H. PhD; Pollice, Christine MPH; Rotondo, Alessandro MD; Strober, Michael PhD; Woodside, D. Blake MD; Berrettini, Wade H. MD; Kaye, Walter H. MD; Bulik, Cynthia M. PhD. International Journal of Eating Disorders, Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4.
- International OCD Foundation. What You Need to Know About Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. International OCD Foundation, 2014.
- Krebs, Georgina, Koen Bolhuis, Isobel Heyman, David Mataix-Cols, Cynthia Turner, and Argyris Stringaris, Temper Outbursts in Paediatric Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and their Association with Depressed Mood and Treatment Outcome, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 2013, p1-10.
- Martinelli, Mary; Chasson, Gregory S.; Wetterneck, Chad T.; Hart, John M.; Björgvinsson, Thröstur. Perfectionism dimensions as predictors of symptom dimensions of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Jun2014, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p140-159. 20p. DOI: 10.1521/bumc.2014.78.2.140.
- Moreso, Núria Voltas; Hernández-Martínez, Carmen; Val, Victoria Arija; Sans, Josefa Canals. Socio-demographic and psychopathological risk factors in obsessive-compulsive disorder: Epidemiologic study of school population. International Journal of Clinical Health & Psychology. may2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p118-126. 9p
- Podea, Delia; Suciu, Radu; Suciu, Cristina; Ardelean, Mihai; An Update on the Cognitive Behavior Therapy of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in Adults; Journal of Cognitive & Behavioral Psychotherapies; Sept. 2009; Vol. 9; Issue 2; p 221- 234
- Purdon, Christine. Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Clin Psychol/In Session 60, 2004
- Storch, Ph.D., Eric A.; Heidgerken, Ph.D., Amanda D.; Adkins, M.S., Jennifer W.; Cole, M.S., Michael; Murphy, M.D., Tanya K.; Geffken, Ph.D., Gary R. Depression and Anxiety, 2005.
-Sturm, Rebecca; Obsessive-compulsive disorder in children: The Role of nurse practitioners; Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; July 2009; Vol. 21; Issue 7; p 393-402.
- U.S. Department of HealtH anD HUman ServiceS. When Unwanted Thoughts Take Over: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. National Institute of Mental Health, 2018, p. 1-7.
- Wetterneck, Chad T.; Singh, Sonia; Hart, John. Shame proneness in symptom dimensions of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Jun2014, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p177-190. 14p. DOI: 10.1521/bumc.2014.78.2.177.
- Zivor, Michael; Salkovskis, Paul M.; Oldfield, Victoria B.; Kushnir, Jonathan. Formulation in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Aligning Therapists, Perceptions and Practice. Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p143-151. 9p. 1 Diagram, 2 Charts, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1111/cpsp.12030.