|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Dietz, Patricia M. ,DrPH, Amy L. Krueger, MPH, Richard J. Wolitski, PhD, Anna Satcher Johnson, MPH, Erica Dunbar, MPH, Lillian S. Lin, PhD, Samuel Dooley, MD, Donna Hubbard McCree, PhD, Shubha Rao, MPH, H. Irene Hall, PhD Dale Stratford, PhD, State HIV Prevention Progress Report 2014, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, p1-108.
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468.
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.
Others who bought this HIV/AIDS Course
Booklet for this course | HIV/AIDS CEU Courses
Forward to Section 20
Back to Section 18
Table of Contents
A study from Peru’s capital, Lima, has found that the sexual partners of transgender women there are largely heterosexual, cisgender men who rarely have sex with other men. The study was presented at the recent Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2019) by Dr Jessica Long of the University of Washington
Fat redistribution in people with HIV who have ever taken thymidine analogues and/or didanosine (TA/ddI) can persist through time, while increasing cardiovascular risk factors, according to a Danish study published in the 15 March issue of AIDS. More specifically, the redistribution of adipose tissue (fat) as visceral adipose tissue (VAT) rather than subcutaneous adipose tissue
A point-of-care urine test can accurately determine if a person is adherent to tenofovir-based pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), according to research presented to the recent Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2019) in Seattle. The test checks for antibodies to tenofovir and was tested in a trial of 30 people in Thailand who
Healthcare providers should inform all patients with HIV they cannot transmit HIV to a sexual partner when their viral load is undetectable, argue the authors of a strongly worded comment in The Lancet HIV. The authors note that despite overwhelming scientific data supporting the undetectable = untransmittable (U=U) message, significant numbers of healthcare providers do not
Two studies in monkeys of experimental pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) regimens featuring the drug tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) produced differing results when presented at last week’s Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2019) in Seattle. As a third study suggested, the results may partly be due to the way TAF is absorbed into cells. TAF
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, MFT CEUs