|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Dietz, Patricia M. ,DrPH, Amy L. Krueger, MPH, Richard J. Wolitski, PhD, Anna Satcher Johnson, MPH, Erica Dunbar, MPH, Lillian S. Lin, PhD, Samuel Dooley, MD, Donna Hubbard McCree, PhD, Shubha Rao, MPH, H. Irene Hall, PhD Dale Stratford, PhD, State HIV Prevention Progress Report 2014, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, p1-108.
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468.
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.
Others who bought this HIV/AIDS Course
Booklet for this course | HIV/AIDS CEU Courses
Forward to Section 20
Back to Section 18
Table of Contents
Although some gay men idealise monogamy, particularly in the early stages of a relationship, couples often become non-monogamous over time, Australian researchers report in an article published online ahead of print in Culture, Health and Sexuality.Men often saw non-monogamy as realistic in gay relationships, due to social and cultural norms in gay communities. But
A cure for HIV would almost inevitably have to involve a vaccine to improve the body’s natural ability to control HIV, a seminar on European HIV cure research heard recently. The STEPS seminar, held by the European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) ahead of the 16th European AIDS Conference (EACS) in Milan last month, also
The range of settings in which people test for HIV has expanded significantly in recent years in England, according to a new Public Health England report on HIV testing services. It includes new estimates of the numbers of people who test and re-test for HIV, suggesting that relatively few people
While several recent reports have shown that new HIV diagnoses have been falling in UK gay men, what really matters is the actual number of new HIV infections, regardless of whether people are diagnosed or not. This is HIV incidence and Public Health England (PHE) said today that, according to their current estimates, incidence
Younger age and shorter duration of viral suppression are risk factors for the development of high-grade pre-cancerous anal lesions in HIV-positive men who have sex with men (MSM), investigators from the Netherlands report in AIDS.They designed the study to identify demographic and HIV-related risk factors associated with the development of
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, MFT CEUs