|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Dietz, Patricia M. ,DrPH, Amy L. Krueger, MPH, Richard J. Wolitski, PhD, Anna Satcher Johnson, MPH, Erica Dunbar, MPH, Lillian S. Lin, PhD, Samuel Dooley, MD, Donna Hubbard McCree, PhD, Shubha Rao, MPH, H. Irene Hall, PhD Dale Stratford, PhD, State HIV Prevention Progress Report 2014, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, p1-108.
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468.
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.
Others who bought this HIV/AIDS Course
Booklet for this course | HIV/AIDS CEU Courses
Forward to Section 20
Back to Section 18
Table of Contents
Providing HIV self-testing kits to pregnant women to encourage HIV testing in their male partners is acceptable to men and women in Uganda, but women who are apprehensive about their partners’ reactions may need more support, according to findings from a qualitative study of participants in a randomised trial of the strategy published in
Immunotherapy may be an effective treatment for HIV-related Kaposi sarcoma (KS), according to the results of a small US study published in Cancer Immunology Research. Two-thirds of people experienced partial or complete remission and the malignancy remained stable in the remaining people. Therapy with an immune checkpoint blockade was also associated with increases in CD4
For the first time, a US-based professional HIV body has published guidelines endorsing event-based or so-called ‘on-demand’ pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) as an alternative to daily dosing. The International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA) released its 2018 recommendations during the International AIDS Conference in Amsterdam, but there was not much comment on their significance at the time. Bodies issuing
Gay men in London who source their own supply of generic pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) drugs, usually from overseas internet pharmacies, most often learnt about this possibility from people in their social network and would like more support from other PrEP users to be available. Nonetheless, clinicians’ endorsement of purchasing PrEP online was important in
People living with HIV are twice as likely to develop cardiovascular disease (CVD), according to the findings of a meta-analysis published in Circulation. The research also showed that HIV is the cause of 1% of global CVD cases and that the burden of HIV-associated CVD has tripled over the last 20 years. The majority
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, MFT CEUs