|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Dietz, Patricia M. ,DrPH, Amy L. Krueger, MPH, Richard J. Wolitski, PhD, Anna Satcher Johnson, MPH, Erica Dunbar, MPH, Lillian S. Lin, PhD, Samuel Dooley, MD, Donna Hubbard McCree, PhD, Shubha Rao, MPH, H. Irene Hall, PhD Dale Stratford, PhD, State HIV Prevention Progress Report 2014, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, p1-108.
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Hutchinson, P. and Dhairyawan, R. (2017). Shame and HIV: Strategies for Addressing the Negative Impact Shame has on Public Healh and Diagnosis and Treatment of HIV. Wiley Bioethics, 32. p. 68-76. doi: 10.1111/bioe.12378
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Mandana, S., Kermanshahi, S. M. K., Mohammadi, E., and Mohraz, M. (2015). Perception of Patients with HIV/AIDS from Stigma and Discrimination. Iran Red Crescent Med J., 17(6). p. 1-7. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.23638v2
- Pulerwitz, J., Michaelis, A., Weiss, E., Brown, L., and Mahendra, V. (2010). Reducing HIV-Related Stigma: Lessons Learned from Horizons Research and Programs. Public Health Reports, 125. p. 272-281.
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Talbot, Annie; Uwihoreye, Chaste; Kamen, Charles; Grant, Philip; McGlynn, Lawrence; Mugabe, Isaac; Nshimyumukiza, Martin; Dongier, Pierre; Slamowitz, Debbie; Padilla, Cindy; Uvamahoro, Jaqueline; Musayidire, Irene; Mukarubuga, Ancilla; Zolopa, Andrew. "Treating Psychological Trauma Among Rwandan Orphans Is Associated With a Reduction in HIV Risk-Taking Behaviors: A Pilot Study." AIDS Education & Prevention. Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p468-479. 12p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1521/aeap.2013.25.6.468.
- Waugh, Amy; Austin, Allana; Manthorpe, Jill; Fox, Chris; Stephens, Barbara; Robinson, Louise; Iliffe, Steve. "Designing a complex intervention for dementia case management in primary care." BMC Family Practice. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101-111. 11p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-14-101.
- Zinck, Kirk E.; Cutcliffe, John R. "Hope Inspiration among People Living with HIV/AIDS: Theory and Implications for Counselors." Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p60-75. 16p. 3 Charts.
Others who bought this HIV/AIDS Course
Booklet for this course | HIV/AIDS CEU Courses
Forward to Section 20
Back to Section 18
Table of Contents
A systematic review of whether different interventions helped to overcome self-stigma in people in African and Asian countries who are living with or at risk of HIV has found that most interventions worked. The ones that worked best were, in the main, programmes that provided antiretroviral therapy (ART) but coupled it with some
One in five public health facilities in South Africa were unable to supply at least one antiretroviral (ARV) or tuberculosis (TB) drug on the day they were contacted by researchers, while over a third had had a drug stockout in the previous three months, according to a national survey published in PLOS ONE. Between October
The throat is a major source of gonorrhoea transmission among men who have sex with men (MSM), according to Australian research published in Sexually Transmitted Infections. The study involved 60 male couples and showed a high prevalence of gonorrhoea infection in the throat and/or anus in the absence of urethral infection. The investigators suggest
Use of the TB LAM test in people with HIV with CD4 counts below 200 boosted the number of people diagnosed with tuberculosis (TB) by a third, an observational study in Malawi and Mozambique has found. Almost half of TB cases would have been missed if LAM had not been included in the diagnostic
Qualitative research published in the July issue of Social Science & Medicine by Dr Katherine Quinn and colleagues at the Center for AIDS Intervention Research highlights how intersectional stigma contributes to low pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) uptake for black men who have sex with men (MSM) in the US. Mistreatment in healthcare services, racism, homophobia and
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, MFT CEUs