|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
Bibliography & Selected Readings/ Authors/ Instructors
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- Lobo, Daniela S. & James L. Kennedy; Genetic Aspects of Pathological Gambling: A Complex Disorder with Shared Genetic Vulnerabilities; Sept. 2009, Vol. 104, Issue 9
- Marten, Matthew P., Tracey L. Rocha, M. Dolores Cimini, Angelina Diaz-Myers, Estela M. Rivero, & Edelgard Wulfert; The Co-Occurrence of Alcohol Use and Gambling Activities in First-Year College Students; Journal of American College Health; June 2009, Vol. 57; Issue 6; p 597- 602
- Peele, Ph.D. & Brodsky, Archie. "Truth About Addiction and Recovery." Fireside Publishing. New York, NY. 1991.
- Sander, Wiebke & Anne Peters; Pathological Gambling: Influence of Quality Life and Psychological Distress on Abstinence After Cognitive-Behavioral Inpatient Treatment; Journal of Gambling Studies; June 2009; Vol. 25; Issue 2; Pages 253-262
- Szapocznik, José, Ph.D.;Olga Hervis, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.;Seth Schwartz, Ph.D., Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction, National Institutes of Health, August 2003, p1-68.
- Tavares H, Zilberman ML, el-Guebaly N, Are there cognitive and behavioural approaches specific to the treatment of pathological gambling? Canadian Journal Of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne De Psychiatrie, 2003 Feb, Vol. 48, Issue 1
Others who bought this Gambling Course
CEU Test for this course | Gambling
Table of Contents
Biological siblings of people with gambling disorder also display markers of increased impulsivity and risk-taking, according to a new UBC psychology study. The findings, published today in Neuropsychopharmacology, suggest people with gambling disorder - a psychiatric term for serious gambling problems - may have pre-existing genetic vulnerabilities to the illness.
Researchers at the Center for Gambling Studies at Rutgers University-New Brunswick's School of Social Work have found a link between frequently trading cryptocurrency -- a digital and virtual currency -- and problem gambling.
The students listened attentively as Ryan Wong explained how casinos keep customers chasing that elusive jackpot.
Gambling addiction activates the same brain pathways as drug and alcohol cravings, suggests new research.
New research sheds light on what's going on inside our heads as we decide whether to take a risk or play it safe. Scientists at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis located a region of the brain involved in decisions made under conditions of uncertainty, and identified some of the cells involved in the decision-making process.
CEU Continuing Education for
Social Worker CEUs, Counselor CEUs,Psychologist CEUs, MFT CEUs