|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60.
-Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders; Pediatrics; Aug2000; Vol. 106, Issue 2
- Harpur, Lisa; FASD Teens in the Classroom: Basic Strategies; Guidance & Counseling; Fall2001; Vol. 17, Issue 1
- Interviewing Technique Reduces Risk for Binge Drinking, Unplanned Pregnancies; Ascribe Newswire: Health, 1/2/2007
- McLean, Candis; The Fetal Alcohol Crisis; Report/Newsmagazine (BC Edition); 2000; Vol. 27, Issue 10.
- Motivational Intervention to Reduce Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancies --- Florida, Texas, and Virginia, 1997-2001; MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report; 5/16/2003; Vol. 52, Issue 19
- O'Malley, Kieran D, Nanson, Jo; Clinical Implications of a Link Between Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; May2002, Vol. 47, Issue 4
- Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol; Alcohol Research & Health; 2000; Vol. 24, Issue 1
-Sofuoglu, Mehmet; DeVito, Elise E.; Waters, Andrew J.; Carroll, Kathleen M., Cognitive enhancement as a treatment for drug addictions, Neuropharmacology. Jan2013, Vol. 64, p452-463. 12p.
Others who bought this Addictions/Substance Abuse Course
CEU Test for this course | Addictions
Back to Section 18
Table of Contents
Fentanyl is still king of killers when it comes to drug overdoses in the United States, but another drug is combined with it in 70 percent of deadly overdoses. U.S. federal data show that overdose deaths caused by fentanyl have almost doubled every year from 2013 to 2016 and that fentanyl combined – knowingly or ...
The post Report finds fentanyl leading cause of overdose deaths, doubling annually appeared first on Addictions.
Fernando Gomez, a former Evanston, Ill., cop and current agent for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, was arrested at the DEA office where he worked on Tuesday morning, charged with conspiracy to smuggle both guns and drugs. Gomez, age 41, deliberately joined the DEA from the Evanston police force to work clandestinely with a Puerto ...
The post DEA agent charged with helping cartel in Chicago appeared first on Addictions.
Investigators following up on a lawsuit that began in 2016 are now looking into allegations that 16 pharmaceutical companies conspired to fix the prices of generic drugs. The brouhaha started with an antitrust lawsuit two years ago filed by several U.S. states, including Connecticut over just two drugs. Allegations in the expanding investigation include the ...
The post Investigators look at price fixing for 300 generic drugs appeared first on Addictions.
Santa Monica think-tank Rand Corp. published a study this week saying that supervised heroin injection sites where addicts shoot up under supervision and the use of heroin in treatment could help stem the tide of opioid addiction and overdoses in the United States. So-called HAT, or “heroin-assisted treatment,” and carefully supervised sites similar to those ...
The post RAND Study recommends implementing prescription heroin sites in U.S. appeared first on Addictions.
Police in four different European countries arrested 84 people this week in a coordinated crackdown on the Italian mafia, which has been involved in global cocaine smuggling. Those arrested, authorities said, are tied to the ‘Ndrangheta mob, based in Calabria, in the toe of the Italian boot. Experts say it is a far more powerful ...
The post Over 84 Italian mob members arrested in European cocaine bust appeared first on Addictions.
CEU Continuing Education for
Social Worker CEUs, Counselor CEUs,Psychologist CEUs, MFT CEUs