|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60.
-Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders; Pediatrics; Aug2000; Vol. 106, Issue 2
- Harpur, Lisa; FASD Teens in the Classroom: Basic Strategies; Guidance & Counseling; Fall2001; Vol. 17, Issue 1
- Interviewing Technique Reduces Risk for Binge Drinking, Unplanned Pregnancies; Ascribe Newswire: Health, 1/2/2007
- McLean, Candis; The Fetal Alcohol Crisis; Report/Newsmagazine (BC Edition); 2000; Vol. 27, Issue 10.
- Motivational Intervention to Reduce Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancies --- Florida, Texas, and Virginia, 1997-2001; MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report; 5/16/2003; Vol. 52, Issue 19
- O'Malley, Kieran D, Nanson, Jo; Clinical Implications of a Link Between Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; May2002, Vol. 47, Issue 4
- Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol; Alcohol Research & Health; 2000; Vol. 24, Issue 1
-Sofuoglu, Mehmet; DeVito, Elise E.; Waters, Andrew J.; Carroll, Kathleen M., Cognitive enhancement as a treatment for drug addictions, Neuropharmacology. Jan2013, Vol. 64, p452-463. 12p.
Others who bought this Addictions/Substance Abuse Course
Booklet for this course | Addictions
Back to Section 17
Table of Contents
Up to 14% of U.S. doctors are addicted to drugs or alcohol. There are a number of factors that contribute to this statistic, and the stigma surrounding the issue only works to fuel the epidemic.
The post Doctors Addicted to Drugs: Fentanyl Abuse in the Hospital appeared first on Addictions.
Many drug and alcohol addicts are able to function normally at work and in society, at least for a while. Here are some signs you or someone you know is a high functioning addict.
The post 9 Signs You’re a High-Functioning Addict appeared first on Addictions.
Xanax was developed to treat anxiety disorders, and is one of the most commonly prescribed drugs on the market today. Unfortunately, though effective, taking this medication poses a high risk for addiction.
The post How Long Does It Take to Get Addicted to Xanax? appeared first on Addictions.
Addiction recovery is a lifelong journey that requires continuous motivation and effort. The following quotes can help inspire you to stay drug-free for life.
The post 35 Addiction Recovery Quotes to Inspire You appeared first on Addictions.
Illicit drug use and addiction are considered an epidemic in the United States. Some countries have greatly benefited by legalizing drugs, but is this a good idea for America?
The post A Heated Debate: Is Drug Legalization the Answer? appeared first on Addictions.
CEU Continuing Education for
Social Worker CEUs, Counselor CEUs,Psychologist CEUs, MFT CEUs