|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Abraham, Suzanne; Llewellyn-Jones, Derek; Anorexia nervosa; Eating Disorders (Oxford), 2001
-Crow, Scott J.; Mitchell, James E.; Roerig, James D.; Steffen, Kristine; What potential role is there for medication treatment in anorexia nervosa?; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-01, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p.1
- Draper, Heather; Anorexia Nervosa And Respecting A Refusal Of Life-Prolonging Therapy: A Limited Justification; Bioethics, Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p120
- Geist, Rose; Heinmaa, Margus; Stephens, Derek; Davis, Ron; Katzman, Debra K; Comparison of Family Therapy and Family Group Psychoeducation in Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p173
- Harshbarger, Jenni L.; Ahlers-Schmidt, Carolyn R.; Mayans, Laura; Mayans, David; Hawkins, Joseph H.; Pro-anorexia Websites: What a Clinician Should Know; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-05, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p.367
- Kaplan, Allan S; Psychological Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa A Review of Published Studies and Promising New Directions; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p235
- Maladaptive Disorders. Eating Disorders.
- Santonastaso, Paolo; Bosello, Romina; Schiavone, Paolo; Tenconi, Elena; Degortes, Daniela; Favaro, Angela; Typical and Atypical Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa: Weight History, Body Image, Psychiatric Symptoms, and Response to Outpatient Treatment, 2009-07, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p.464
Others who bought this Eating Disorders Course
Booklet for this course | Eating Disorders CEU Courses
Back to Section 9
Table of Contents
Swedish researchers have developed a pioneering method to help people with anorexia learn to eat again. The scientists take the position that eating disorders should be considered just that —...
A long-term Swedish study of around 50 people who struggled with anorexia nervosa in their teens shows that the majority were healthy 30 years later, though some still dealt with...
Moms with a history of eating disorders and body image concerns before or during pregnancy are more likely to experience depressive symptoms, according to a new study published in the...
In a new study, researchers used behavioral weight loss treatment and problem-solving therapy with as-needed antidepressant medication to fight obesity and depressive symptoms, compared to routine physician care. The findings...
New research suggests that a woman whose partner regularly watches pornography is more likely to report symptoms of an eating disorder, such as extreme guilt about eating, preoccupation with body...