|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Abraham, Suzanne; Llewellyn-Jones, Derek; Anorexia nervosa; Eating Disorders (Oxford), 2001
-Crow, Scott J.; Mitchell, James E.; Roerig, James D.; Steffen, Kristine; What potential role is there for medication treatment in anorexia nervosa?; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-01, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p.1
- Draper, Heather; Anorexia Nervosa And Respecting A Refusal Of Life-Prolonging Therapy: A Limited Justification; Bioethics, Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p120
- Geist, Rose; Heinmaa, Margus; Stephens, Derek; Davis, Ron; Katzman, Debra K; Comparison of Family Therapy and Family Group Psychoeducation in Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p173
- Harshbarger, Jenni L.; Ahlers-Schmidt, Carolyn R.; Mayans, Laura; Mayans, David; Hawkins, Joseph H.; Pro-anorexia Websites: What a Clinician Should Know; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-05, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p.367
- Kaplan, Allan S; Psychological Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa A Review of Published Studies and Promising New Directions; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p235
- Santonastaso, Paolo; Bosello, Romina; Schiavone, Paolo; Tenconi, Elena; Degortes, Daniela; Favaro, Angela; Typical and Atypical Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa: Weight History, Body Image, Psychiatric Symptoms, and Response to Outpatient Treatment, 2009-07, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p.464
Others who bought this Eating Disorders Course
Booklet for this course | Eating Disorders CEU Courses
Back to Section 9
Table of Contents
A new study has found that children with greater communication with their parents in early adolescence have less harmful alcohol use and emotional eating in young adulthood. The 14-year study,...
A new study published in the journal Hormones and Behavior finds that childhood obesity and depression may be driven by shared abnormalities in the reward-processing regions of the brain. When...
It has been well-documented that girls who get their periods earlier than their peers are more psychologically vulnerable as teenagers. That susceptibility can lead to a variety of clinical issues...
A new study from the U.K. suggests mindfulness strategies may help prevent or interrupt cravings for food, cigarettes, and alcohol. Craving can be defined as an intense, conscious desire, usually...
In a new study, Drexel University researchers found that telling people that weight loss is extremely challenging — rather than a motivational “You can do it!” mantra — helped them to lose...