|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Abraham, Suzanne; Llewellyn-Jones, Derek; Anorexia nervosa; Eating Disorders (Oxford), 2001
-Crow, Scott J.; Mitchell, James E.; Roerig, James D.; Steffen, Kristine; What potential role is there for medication treatment in anorexia nervosa?; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-01, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p.1
- Draper, Heather; Anorexia Nervosa And Respecting A Refusal Of Life-Prolonging Therapy: A Limited Justification; Bioethics, Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p120
- Geist, Rose; Heinmaa, Margus; Stephens, Derek; Davis, Ron; Katzman, Debra K; Comparison of Family Therapy and Family Group Psychoeducation in Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p173
- Harshbarger, Jenni L.; Ahlers-Schmidt, Carolyn R.; Mayans, Laura; Mayans, David; Hawkins, Joseph H.; Pro-anorexia Websites: What a Clinician Should Know; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-05, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p.367
- Kaplan, Allan S; Psychological Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa A Review of Published Studies and Promising New Directions; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p235
- Santonastaso, Paolo; Bosello, Romina; Schiavone, Paolo; Tenconi, Elena; Degortes, Daniela; Favaro, Angela; Typical and Atypical Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa: Weight History, Body Image, Psychiatric Symptoms, and Response to Outpatient Treatment, 2009-07, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p.464
Others who bought this Eating Disorders Course
Booklet for this course | Eating Disorders CEU Courses
Back to Section 9
Table of Contents
People who have higher levels of a certain metabolite in the gut microbiome are more prone to engage in “hedonic” eating, or eating for pleasure rather than hunger, according to...
Overweight individuals who lose more than a fifth of their body weight more than double their chances of achieving good metabolic health, compared to those who only lose a relatively...
New findings add to the growing body of evidence suggesting that psychedelic drugs may be effective at treating a variety of psychological disorders, including depression, social anxiety and post-traumatic stress...
With the widespread use of photo-editing technology available through applications such as Snapchat and Facetune, the physical “perfection” once reserved only for magazine models and celebrities is now available to...
In patients with anorexia nervosa, the brain’s reward response to taste is alternatively linked with high anxiety and a drive for thinness, and this association could play a role in...