If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abraham, Suzanne; Llewellyn-Jones, Derek; Anorexia nervosa; Eating Disorders (Oxford), 2001
- Austin SB, Ziyadeh NJ, Forman S, Prokop LA, Keliher A, Jacobs D. Screening high school students for eating disorders: results of a national initiative. Prev Chronic Dis 2008;5(4).
- Boskind-White, Marlene, Ph.D. & White, William C. Ph.D.; "Bulimia Anorexia: The Binge/Purge Cycle and Self-Starvation"; W.W. Norton & Company; New York, NY; 2000
- Claude-Pierre, Peggy; "The Secret Language of Eating Disorders"; Random House Inc; New York NY; 1997
- Crosscope-Happel, Cindy; Hutchins, David E.; Getz, Hildy G.; Hayes, Gerald L.; Male Anorexia Nervosa: A New Focus; Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p365
-Crow, Scott J.; Mitchell, James E.; Roerig, James D.; Steffen, Kristine; What potential role is there for medication treatment in anorexia nervosa?; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-01, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p.1
- Crow, Scott. Professionals' Knowledge of and Attitudes about Eating Disorders Patients. Eating Disorders Review. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2-5. 4p.
- Draper, Heather; Anorexia Nervosa And Respecting A Refusal Of Life-Prolonging Therapy: A Limited Justification; Bioethics, Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p120
- Erford, Bradley T.; Richards, Taryn; Peacock, Elizabeth; Voith, Karen; McGair, Heather; Muller, Brooke; Duncan, Kelly; Chang, Catherine Y. Counseling and Guided Self-Help Outcomes for Clients With Bulimia Nervosa: A Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials From 1980 to 2010. Journal of Counseling & Development. Apr2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p152-172. 21p. 1 Diagram, 5 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/j.1556-6676.2013.00083.x.
-Fox, John R. E.; Power, Michael J. Eating disorders and multi-level modes of emotion: An integrated model. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy. Aug2009, Vol. 16, Issue 4
- Geist, Rose; Heinmaa, Margus; Stephens, Derek; Davis, Ron; Katzman, Debra K; Comparison of Family Therapy and Family Group Psychoeducation in Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p173
- Ghizzani, Anna; Montomoli, Marcello; Anorexia Nervosa and Sexuality in Women: A Review; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy, 2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p80
- Giles, M. and Hass, M. Fostering a Healthy Body Image: Prevention and Intervention with Adolescent Eating Disorders. Chapman Unidersity.
- Harshbarger, Jenni L.; Ahlers-Schmidt, Carolyn R.; Mayans, Laura; Mayans, David; Hawkins, Joseph H.; Pro-anorexia Websites: What a Clinician Should Know; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-05, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p.367
- Hilbert, Anja. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for binge eating disorder in adolescents: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-11. 11p. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-14-312.
- Kaplan, Allan S; Psychological Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa A Review of Published Studies and Promising New Directions; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p235
- Levenkron, Steven; "Anatomy of Anorexia"; W. W. Norton & Company; New York, NY; 2000
- Lock, Andrew & Epston, David & Maisel, Richard; "Countering that which is Called Anorexia"; Narrative Inquiry 14(2), 275–301
- Maladaptive Disorders. Eating Disorders.
- Office on Women's Health. (2016). Anorexia Nervosa. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Podar, Iris; Allik, Juri. A cross-cultural comparison of the eating disorder inventory. International Journal of Eating Disorders. May2009, Vol. 42, Issue 4.
-Puhl, Rebecca M.; Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne; Austin, S. Bryn; Luedicke, Joerg; King, Kelly M. Setting policy priorities to address eating disorders and weight stigma: views from the field of eating disorders and the US general public. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1310-1328. 19p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-524.
- Rothschild-Yakar, Lily; Lacoua, Liza; Stein, Daniel. Changes in Patient Measures as Predictors of Therapists’ Ratings of Treatment Collaboration and Change in Eating Disorder Subgroups. Assessment. Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p752-763. 12p. DOI: 10.1177/1073191111415366.
- Rusca, Roberto; An Existentialist Approach to Anorexia Nervosa; American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p491
- SAMHAS. (2011). Clients with Substance Use and Eating Disorders. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Sandbek, Terence J. Ph.D.; "The Deadly Diet: Recovering from Anorexia and Bulimia"; New Harbinger Publications, Inc.; Oakland, CA; 1993
- Santonastaso, Paolo; Bosello, Romina; Schiavone, Paolo; Tenconi, Elena; Degortes, Daniela; Favaro, Angela; Typical and Atypical Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa: Weight History, Body Image, Psychiatric Symptoms, and Response to Outpatient Treatment, 2009-07, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p.464
- The Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy, & Action. (2002). Testimony of the Eating Disordrs Coalition for Research, Policy, & Action.
- Wechselblatt, Tracy; Gurnick, Gregory; Simon, Ruth; Autonomy and relatedness in the development of anorexia nervosa: A clinical case series; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic, Winter2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p91