If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Boring, J. L., Sandler, I. N., Tein, J.-Y., Horan, J. J., & Vélez, C. E. (2015). Children of divorce–coping with divorce: A randomized control trial of an online prevention program for youth experiencing parental divorce. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 83(5), 999–1005.
Christopher, C., Wolchik, S., Tein, J.-Y., Carr, C., Mahrer, N. E., & Sandler, I. (2017). Long-term effects of a parenting preventive intervention on young adults’ painful feelings about divorce. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(7), 799–809.
Davidson, R. D., & Beck, C. J. A. (2017). Using couple-level patterns of intimate partner violence to predict divorce outcomes. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, 23(1), 85–95.
Gallegos, M. I., Murphy, S. E., Benner, A. D., Jacobvitz, D. B., & Hazen, N. L. (2017). Marital, parental, and whole-family predictors of toddlers’ emotion regulation: The role of parental emotional withdrawal. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(3), 294–303.
Griese, B., Burns, M. R., Farro, S. A., Silvern, L., & Talmi, A. (2017). Comprehensive grief care for children and families: Policy and practice implications. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 87(5), 540–548.
Hardesty, J. L., Crossman, K. A., Khaw, L., & Raffaelli, M. (2016). Marital violence and coparenting quality after separation. Journal of Family Psychology, 30(3), 320–330.
Hardesty, J. L., Ogolsky, B. G., Raffaelli, M., Whittaker, A., Crossman, K. A., Haselschwerdt, M. L., Mitchell, E. T., & Khaw, L. (2017). Coparenting relationship trajectories: Marital violence linked to change and variability after separation. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(7), 844–854.
Holtzworth-Munroe, A., Beck, C. J., Applegate, A. G., Adams, J. M., Rossi, F. S., Jiang, L. J., Tomlinson, C. S., & Hale, D. F. (2020). Intimate partner violence (IPV) and family dispute resolution: A randomized controlled trial comparing shuttle mediation, videoconferencing mediation, and litigation. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law. Advance online publication.
“Latent profiles of postdivorce parenting time, conflict, and quality: Children’s adjustment associations,”: Correction to Elam et al. (2019) (2019). Journal of Family Psychology, 33(7), 763.
Lebow, J. (2003). Integrative family therapy for disputes involving child custody and visitation. Journal of Family Psychology, 17(2), 181–192.
Leclair, V., St-Amand, A., & Bussières, È.-L. (2019). Association between child custody and postseparation coparenting: A meta-analysis. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie canadienne, 60(2), 90–101.
Nielsen, L. (2017). Re-examining the research on parental conflict, coparenting, and custody arrangements. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, 23(2), 211–231.
O'Hara, K. L., Sandler, I. N., Wolchik, S. A., Tein, J.-Y., & Rhodes, C. A. (2019). Parenting time, parenting quality, interparental conflict, and mental health problems of children in high-conflict divorce. Journal of Family Psychology, 33(6), 690–703.
Pelleboer-Gunnink, H. A., Van der Valk, I. E., Branje, S. J. T., Van Doorn, M. D., & Deković, M. (2015). Effectiveness and moderators of the preventive intervention kids in divorce situations: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Family Psychology, 29(5), 799–805.
Porter, C. L., & Dyer, W. J. (2017). Does marital conflict predict infants’ physiological regulation? A short-term prospective study. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(4), 475–484.
Rosso, A. M., Camoirano, A., & Chiorri, C. (2019). Validity of space responses: What can we learn from Rorschach protocols of divorcing couples fighting for child custody? Rorschachiana, 40(1), 3–21.
Schonfeld, D. J., & Demaria, T. P. (2018). The role of school psychologists in the support of grieving children. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(3), 361–362.
Siddiqui, A., & Ross, H. (2004). Mediation as a Method of Parent Intervention in Children's Disputes. Journal of Family Psychology, 18(1), 147–159.
Skinner, O. D., Sun, X., & McHale, S. M. (2021). Links between marital and parent–child relationship in African American families: A dyadic approach. Journal of Family Psychology. Advance online publication.
Steinbach, A., & Augustijn, L. (2021). Children’s well-being in sole and joint physical custody families. Journal of Family Psychology. Advance online publication.
Weaver, J. M., & Schofield, T. J. (2015). Mediation and moderation of divorce effects on children’s behavior problems. Journal of Family Psychology, 29(1), 39–48.
Yan, N., & Ansari, A. (2016). Child adjustment and parent functioning: Considering the role of child-driven effects. Journal of Family Psychology, 30(3), 297–308.
Zemp, M., Johnson, M. D., & Bodenmann, G. (2019). Out of balance? Positivity–negativity ratios in couples’ interaction impact child adjustment. Developmental Psychology, 55(1), 135–147.
Zhou, N., & Buehler, C. (2017). Adolescents’ responses to marital conflict: The role of cooperative marital conflict. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(7), 910–921.
- Amatea, Ellen S.; Smith-Adcock, Sondra; Villares, Elizabeth; From Family Deficit to Family Strength: Viewing Families' Contributions to Children's Learning from a Family Resilience Perspective; Professional School Counseling, Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3.
- Anderson J. (2014). The impact of family structure on the health of children: Effects of divorce. The Linacre quarterly, 81(4), 378–387. doi:10.1179/0024363914Z.00000000087.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Carlson, Roxanne; Therapeutic Use of Story in Therapy with Children; Guidance & Counseling, Spring2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3
- Connolly, M. E. and Green, E. J. Evidence-Based Counseling Interventions with Chidren of Divorce: Implications for Elementary School Counselors.
- Crowell, Judith A.; Treboux, Dominique; Brockmeyer, Susan; Parental divorce and adult children's attachment representations and marital status; Attachment & Human Development, January 2009, Vol 11 Issue 1, p87
- Dykeman, Bruce F.; The Effects of Family Conflict Resolution on Children's Classroom Behavior; Journal of Instructional Psychology, Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 1
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Lengua, Liliana J.; Wolchik, Sharlene A.; Sandler, Irwin N.; West, Stephen G.; The Additive and Interactive Effects of Parenting and Temperament in Predicting Adjustment Problems of Children of Divorce; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, Jun2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2
- LifeCare. (2011). Helping Children Cope with Divorce or Separation. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- McConnell, Ruth Anne; Sim, Allan J; Evaluating an innovative counseling service for children of divorce; British Journal of Guidance & Counseling, Feb2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames: Areas of Conflict in the Intimte Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100.
- Multnomah County Family Court Services. Birth to Three: Guide for Parents Creating Parenting Plans for Young Children, Oregon Judicial Department, Multnomah County Family Court Services, December 2013, p.1-38.
- Office of the Attoney General of Texas. Co-Paretning Guide, Office of the Attoney General of Texas, p 1-24.
- Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A theoretical review of the differential effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18.
- Poller, Judith L., Fabe, Alicia; Legal and Financial Issues in a Divorce When There is a "Special Needs" Child; American Journal of Family Law, January 2009, Vol 22 Issue 4, p192
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More mental health problems after divorce in couples with high pre-divorce alcohol consumption than in other divorced couples: results from the HUNT-study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11.
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Sandler, Irwin N.; Kim-Bae, Lauren S.; MacKinnon, David; Coping and Negative Appraisal as Mediators Between Control Beliefs and Psychological Symptoms in Children of Divorce; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 3
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Superior Court of California County of San Diego Family Court Service. Developing A Child Custody Parenting Plan. Superior Court of California County of San Diego Family Court Service, p1-22.
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41.
- The New Hampshire Division of Child Support Services. Tips of Co-Parenting Plans, The New Hampshire Division of Child Support Services, February 2011, p.1-2.
- Thomas, Denis' A.; Gibbons, Melinda M.; Narrative Theory: A Career Counseling Approach for Adolescents of Divorce; Professional School Counseling, February 2009, Vol 12 Issue 3, p223.
- US Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Coping With Divorce or Separation. A WorkLife4You Guide, 2011.
- Warshak, Richard A; Remarriage As A Trigger of Parental Alienation Syndrome; American Journal of Family Therapy, Jul-Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3