|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
- Akst, Daniel; Buyer’s remorse; Wilson Quarterly; Winter 2004; Vol. 28; Issue 1.
- Bridgforth, Glinda; When shopping is a sickness; Essence; Aug 2004; Vol. 35; Issue 4.
- Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy; Consumer Reports, November 2009, Vol 74 Issue 11, p 16
- Granero, R., Fernández-Aranda, F., Mestre-Bach, G., Steward, T., Baño, M., Del Pino-Gutiérrez, A., … Jiménez-Murcia, S. (2016). Compulsive Buying Behavior: Clinical Comparison with Other Behavioral Addictions. Frontiers in psychology, 7, 914. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00914
- Hague, B., Hall, J., & Kellett, S. (2016). Treatments for compulsive buying: A systematic review of the quality, effectiveness and progression of the outcome evidence. Journal of behavioral addictions, 5(3), 379–394. doi:10.1556/2006.5.2016.064.
- Kellett, Stephen; Bolton, Jessica V.; Compulsive buying: A cognitive–behavioural model; Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, April 2009, Vol 16 Issue 2, p83
- Loftus, Mary; Till debt do us part; Psychology Today; Nov/Dec 2004; Vol. 37; Issue 6.
- Watson, Stevie; CREDIT CARD MISUSE, MONEY ATTITUDES, AND COMPULSIVE BUYING BEHAVIORS: A COMPARISON OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL LOCUS OF CONTROL (LOC) CONSUMERS; College Student Journal, June 2009, Vol 43 Issue 2, p268
Others who bought this Addictions/Substance Abuse Course
CEU Test for this course | Addictions CEU Courses
Forward to Section 21
Back to Section 19
Table of Contents
Fentanyl is still king of killers when it comes to drug overdoses in the United States, but another drug is combined with it in 70 percent of deadly overdoses. U.S. federal data show that overdose deaths caused by fentanyl have almost doubled every year from 2013 to 2016 and that fentanyl combined – knowingly or ...
The post Report finds fentanyl leading cause of overdose deaths, doubling annually appeared first on Addictions.
Fernando Gomez, a former Evanston, Ill., cop and current agent for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, was arrested at the DEA office where he worked on Tuesday morning, charged with conspiracy to smuggle both guns and drugs. Gomez, age 41, deliberately joined the DEA from the Evanston police force to work clandestinely with a Puerto ...
The post DEA agent charged with helping cartel in Chicago appeared first on Addictions.
Investigators following up on a lawsuit that began in 2016 are now looking into allegations that 16 pharmaceutical companies conspired to fix the prices of generic drugs. The brouhaha started with an antitrust lawsuit two years ago filed by several U.S. states, including Connecticut over just two drugs. Allegations in the expanding investigation include the ...
The post Investigators look at price fixing for 300 generic drugs appeared first on Addictions.
Santa Monica think-tank Rand Corp. published a study this week saying that supervised heroin injection sites where addicts shoot up under supervision and the use of heroin in treatment could help stem the tide of opioid addiction and overdoses in the United States. So-called HAT, or “heroin-assisted treatment,” and carefully supervised sites similar to those ...
The post RAND Study recommends implementing prescription heroin sites in U.S. appeared first on Addictions.
Police in four different European countries arrested 84 people this week in a coordinated crackdown on the Italian mafia, which has been involved in global cocaine smuggling. Those arrested, authorities said, are tied to the ‘Ndrangheta mob, based in Calabria, in the toe of the Italian boot. Experts say it is a far more powerful ...
The post Over 84 Italian mob members arrested in European cocaine bust appeared first on Addictions.
CEU Continuing Education for
Social Worker CEU, Psychologist CEU, Counselor CEU, MFT CEU
Get Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, Marriage and Family Therapist CEUS, Counselor CEUS, or Addiction Counselor CEUs for license renewal. OnlineCECredit.com offers 150+ easy, fast, affordable CE courses to earn your Continuing Education Credit. We are an approved provider of CE courses by APA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, and various State Licensing Boards.
Our objective is to provide you… the Social Worker, Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist, Counselor, or Addiction Counselor with continuing education courses that contain practical, how-to interventions. Do these CE courses meet the requirements of your state licensing board? Select your state and profession above to view your Licensing Board's continuing education requirements.