If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Babcock, Elise NeeDell; "When life Becomes Precious: A Guide for Loved Ones and Friends of Cancer Patients." Bantam Books. New York, NY. 1997.
- Bennett, Emily; English, Martin William; Rennoldson, Michael; Starza-Smith, Arleta. Predicting parenting stress in caregivers of children with brain tumours. Psycho-Oncology. Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p629-636.
- Bownan, Kerry; A daughter estranged from her dying father; American Family Physician; Dec 2000; Vol. 62; Issue 11.
- Bugge, Kari E.; Helseth, Solvi; Darbyshire, Philip; Parents’ experiences of a Family Support Program when a parent has incurable cancer; Journal of Clinical Nursing, December 2009, Vol 18 Issue 24, p3480
- Chittem, Mahati. Understanding coping with cancer: How can qualitative research help? Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics. Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6-10.
- Faulkner, Rhonda & Maureen Davey; Children and adolescents of cancer patients: the impact of cancer on the family; American Journal of Family Therapy; Jan/Feb 2002; Vol. 30; Issue1.
- Gallant, Wilfred & Michael Holosko; Music intervention in grief work with clients experiencing loss and bereavement; Summer 2001; Vol. 16; Issue 4.
- Grabiak, Beth, Bender, Catherine & Kathryn Puskar; The impact of parental cancer on the adolescent: an analysis of the literature; Psycho-Oncology; Feb 2007; Vol. 16; Issue 2.
- Granet, Roger, M.D.; "Surviving Cancer Emotionally: Learning How to Heal." John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York, NY. 2001.
- Handsley, Stephen; "But what about us?" the residual effects of sudden death on self-identity and family relationships; Mortality; Mar 2001; Vol. 6; Issue 1.
- Harpham, Wendy Schlessel, M.D.; "When a Parent Has Cancer: A Guide to Caring for Your Children." Harper Collins Publisher. New York, NY. 1997.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
-Kennedy, Vida L.; Lloyd-Williams, Mari; How children cope when a parent has advanced cancer; Psycho-Oncology, August 2009, Vol 18 Issue 8, p886
-Kennedy, Vida L.; Lloyd-Williams, Mari; Information and communication when a parent has advanced cancer; Journal of Affective Disorders, April 2009, Vol 114 Issues 1-3, p149
- Lachs, Mark & Pamela Boyer; How can I help?; Prevention; Jul 2003; Vol. 55; Issue 7.
- Litzelman, Kristin; Barker, Emily; Catrine, Kristine; Puccetti, Diane; Possin, Peggy; Witt, Whitney P. Socioeconomic disparities in the quality of life in children with cancer or brain tumors: the mediating role of family factors. Psycho-Oncology. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1081-1088.
- National Cancer Institute. (2014). Coping with Advanced Cancer. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Cancer Institute. (2012). When Your Parent Has Cancer A Guide for Teens. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Peacock, Judith; If your mother has breast cancer; Breast Cancer; 2002.
- Rosenberg, Abby R.; Baker, K. Scott; Syrjala, Karen L.; Back, Anthony L.; Wolfe, Joanne. Promoting Resilience among Parents and Caregivers of Children with Cancer. Journal of Palliative Medicine. Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p645-652.
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Simms, Susan, Hewitt, Nicki & June Vevers; Sibling support in childhood cancer; Paediatric Nursing; Sep 2002; Vol. 14; Issue 7.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Szabo, Liz; @LizSzabo; USA TODAY. 'My Parent Has Cancer' helps kids deal with the unthinkable. USA Today. 04/15/2013.