If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Austin, M. A., Riniolo, T. C., and Porges, S. W. (2007). Borderline Personality Disorder and Emotion Regulation: Insights from the Polyvagal Theory. Brain Cogn. 65(1). p. 69-76.
-Bateman, Anthony; Fonagy, Peter; Randomized Controlled Trial of Outpatient Mentalization-Based Treatment Versus Structured Clinical Management for Borderline Personality Disorder; American Journal of Psychiatry, December 2009, Vol 166 Issue 12m p1355
- Bennett-Goleman, Tara PhD, Emotional Alchemy: How the Mind Can Heal the Heart, Harmony Books: New York, 2001.
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46. 7p. 2 Color Photographs, 3 Illustrations.
- Fall PhD, Kevin and Stephen Craig, "Borderline Personality in Adolescence: An Overview for Counselors", Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Oct 98, Vol 20 Issue 4, p315, 17p
-Farrell, Joan M.; Shaw, Ida A.; Webber, Michael A.; A schema-focused approach to group psychotherapy for outpatients with borderline personality disorder: A randomized controlled trial; Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, June 2009, Vol 40 Issue 2, p317
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105
- Hartocollis, Peter PhD, Borderline Personality Disorders: The Concept, the Syndrome, the Patient, International Universities Press: New York. 1997.
- Hoff, Bert PhD, Borderline Personality Disorder and Abusive Relationships, Mason Press: Newark, 1999.
- Kernberg, Otto PhD, Borderline Conditions and Pathological Narcissism, Aronson Inc.: London, 1998.
- Kernberg, Otto F.; Yeomans, Frank E. Borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder: Practical differential diagnosis. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Mar2013, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p1-22. 22p. DOI: 10.1521/bumc.2013.77.1.1.
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9472-5.
- Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522. 7p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21992.
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- McKay, Matthew MA, Rogers, Peter & Judith McKay, How to Change Painful Feelings Into Positive Action When Anger Hurts, MJF Books: New York, 2003.
- Nagata, Toshihiko; Yamada, Hisashi; Teo, Alan R.; Yoshimura, Chiho. Using the mood disorder questionnaire and bipolar spectrum diagnostic scale to detect bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder among eating disorder patients. BMC Psychiatry. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-8. 8p. 2 Charts, 5 Graphs. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-13-69.
- Osborn, Ian PhD, Thoughts and Secret Rituals: The Hidden Epidemic of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Pantheon Books: New York. 2000.
-Robinson, Paul; Barrett, Barbara; Bateman, Anthony; Hakeem, Az; Hellier, Jennifer; Lemonsky, Fenella; Rutterford, Clare; Schmidt, Ulrike; Fonagy, Peter. Study Protocol for a randomized controlled trial of mentalization based therapy against specialist supportive clinical management in patients with both eating disorders and symptoms of borderline personality disorder. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-21. 21p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-14-51.
- Swift, Elizabeth; The efficacy of treatments for borderline personality disorder; Mental Health Practice, December 2009, Vol 13 Issue 4, p30
- Trepanier, Lyane; Perry, John Christopher; Koerner, Annett; Stamoulos, Constantina; Sheptycki, Amanda; Drapeau, Martin. A study of the similarity between three models of interpersonal functioning of patients with borderline personality disorder. Submitted as a brief research report. Archives of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy. Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p55-60. 6p. 1 Chart.
- Valentiner, David P.; Hiraoka, Regina; Skowronski, John J. Borderline Personality Disorder Features, Self-Verification, and Committed Relationships. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. May2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p463-480. 18p. 1 Chart, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1521/jscp.2014.33.5.463.
- Walsh, Ken PhD, Schema Therapy: An Overview, Guilford Press: New York, 2004.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd