If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Ackerman, Boris M., The Dangers of Body Dysmorphic Disorder; American Fitness, 08935238, Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 24, Issue 4
- Burlew, Larry D.; Shurts, W. Matthew. Men and Body Image: Current Issues and Counseling Implications. Journal of Counseling & Development. Oct2013, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p428-435. 8p. DOI: 10.1002/j.1556-6676.2013.00114.x.
- Danilov, Deana; Diekhoff, George M.; Vandehey, Michael A. A Multidimensional Scaling Analysis of Male Body Perception in Men With Muscle Dysmorphia: "The Adonis Complex". International Journal of Men's Health. Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p83-105. 23p. 1 Diagram, 6 Charts. DOI: 10.3149/jmh.1202.83
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46. 7p. 2 Color Photographs, 3 Illustrations.
- Eggers, Christian, Liebers, Verena; Through a Glass, Darkly; Scientific American Mind, 15552284, 2007, Vol. 18, Issue 2
- Freedman, Rita Ph.D.; "Body Love: Learning to Like our Looks and Ourselves, a Practical Guide for Women"; Harper & Row , Publishers; New York, NY; 1990
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Guindon, Mary H.; Toward Accountability in the Use of the Self-Esteem Construct; Journal of Counseling & Development, 07489633, Spring2002, Vol. 80, Issue 2
- Holmes, Kathryn. Battling Body Dysmorphia. Dance Spirit. Mar2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32-34. 2p.
-Howard, Theresa Ruth; Learn to Love Your Body; Dance Magazine, October 2009, Vol 83 Issue 10, p48
- Jackson, Catherine. Whose body is it anyway? Therapy Today. Jul2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10-14. 5p.
- John, Don St.; Imagined Ugliness: Body Dysmorphic Disorder; Physician Assistant, 87507544, Jul2003, Vol. 27, Issue 7
- Karasu, Sylvia R. Psychotherapy-Lite: Obesity and the Role of the Mental Health Practitioner. American Journal of Psychotherapy. 2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p3-22. 20p
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9472-5.
- Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522. 7p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21992.
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- Muehlenkamp, J.J., Saris–Baglama, R.N.; Self–Objectification and its Psychological Outcomes for College Women. By; Psychology of Women Quarterly, 03616843, Winter2002, Vol. 26, Issue 4
- Nowak, Rachel, When looks can kill; New Scientist, 02624079, 10/21/2006, Vol. 192, Issue 2574
- Phillips, Katharine A. M.D.; "The Broken Mirror: Understanding and Treating Body Dysmorphic Disorder"; Oxford University Press; New York, NY; 2005
- Phillips, Katharine A., Body dysmorphic disorder: Diagnostic controversies and treatment challenges; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic, 00259284, Winter2000, Vol. 64, Issue 1
- Pimenta, Adriano Marçal; Sánchez-Villegas, Almudena; Bes-Rastrollo, Maira; López, Celeste Nicole; Martínez-González, Miguel Ángel; Relationship between body image disturbance and incidence of depression: the SUN prospective cohort; BMC Public Health, 2009, Vol 9, p1
- Vartanian, Larry R.; When the body defines the self: Self-concept Clarity, Internalization, alnd Body Image; Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, January 2009, Vol 28 Issue 1, p94
- Weiss, Fran, Group Psychotherapy with Obese Disordered-Eating Adults with Body-Image Disturbances: An Integrated Model, American Journal of Psychotherapy, 00029564, 2004, Vol. 58, Issue 3