By the end of the course, the Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist will be able to:
- Explain five areas of assessment when dealing with a client with low self esteem
- Explain three methods for cognitive restructuring for self esteem
- Explain five determining factors regarding the strength of the self-critic
- Explain three ineffective response styles
- Explain three methods of clouding
- Explain three main objectives for probing
- Explain a technique for overcoming obstacles to change in the form of habit and reflex
- Explain four steps to overcoming feelings of powerlessness
- Explain a technique for overcoming investments in maintenance
- Explain four methods for affirming self-worth
- Explain a possible therapeutic outcome when the clinical focus is on building self-esteem.
The instructional level of this course is introductory, intermediate, or advanced depending on the learners clinical area of expertise."