If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Bergner, Raymond M.; “Pathological Self-Criticism: Assessment and Treatment.” Plenum Press. New York, NY. 1995.
- Castle, Lana R.; “Bipolar Disorder Demystified.” Marlowe and Company. New York, NY. 2002.
- Carlson, Richard, Ph.D.; “You Can Feel Good Again.” Dutton published by Penguin Books. New York, NY. 1993
- Crowe, Marie; Inder, Maree; Joyce, Peter; Moor, Stephanie; Carter, Janet; Luty, Sue; A developmental approach to the treatment of bipolar disorder: IPSRT with an adolescent; Journal of Clinical Nursing, January 2009, Vol 18 Issue 1, p141
- Fawcett, Jan, M.D.; “New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder, revised second edition.” Three Rivers Press. New York, NY. 2001.
- Gonzalez, Jodi M.; Prihoda, Thomas J.. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2007, Vol. 61 Issue 4
- Helmstetter, Shad, Ph.D.; “What To Say When You Talk to Yourself.” Simon & Schuster. New York, NY. 1982.
- Jones SH, Bipolar Disorders, 2005 Feb; Vol. 7
- Lobban, Fiona; Solis-Trapala, Ivonne; Tyler, Elizabeth; Chandler, Claire; Morriss, Richard. The Role of Beliefs About Mood Swings in Determining Outcome in Bipolar Disorder. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Feb2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p51-60.
- McDougall, Tim; Nursing Children and Adolescents With Bipolar Disorder: Assessment, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management; Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, February 2009, Vol 22 Issue 1, p33
- McKay, Matthew, Ph.D. & Fanning, Patrick.; “Self-Esteem.” New Harbinger Publications. Oakland, CA. 1987.
- McKay, Matthew, Ph.D. & Fanning, Patrick.; “Self-Esteem, Third Edition.” New Harbinger Publications. Oakland, CA. 2000.
- McLay, Robert N.; Ram, Vasudha; Webb-Murphy, Jennifer; Baird, Alicia; Hickey, Anita; Johnston, Scott. Apparent Comorbidity of Bipolar Disorder in a Population With Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Military Medicine. Feb2014, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p157-161. 5p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.7205/MILMED-D-13-00307.
- Miklowitz DJ, Bipolar Disorders 2006 Oct; Vol.8
- Miller, Christopher J.; Johnson, Sheri L.; Eisner, Lori; Assessment Tools for Adult Bipolar Disorder; Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice, June 2009, Vol 16 Issue 2, p188
- Patelis-Siotis I, Bipolar Disorders, 2001 Feb; Vol. 3
- Perich, T.; Manicavasagar, V.; Mitchell, P. B.; Ball, J. R.; Hadzi-Pavlovic, D. A randomized controlled trial of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for bipolar disorder. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. May2013, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p333-343.
- Peurifoy, Reneau Z.; “Anxiety, Phobias, and Panic.” Warner Books. New York, NY. 1995.
- Pfennig, Andrea; Leopold, Karolina; Bechdolf, Andreas; Correll, Christoph U.; Holtmann, Martin; Lambert, Martin; Marx, Carolin; Meyer, Thomas D; Pfeiffer, Steffi; Reif, Andreas; Rottmann-Wolf, Maren; Schmitt, Natalie M.; Stamm, Thomas; Juckel, Georg; Bauer, Michael. Early specific cognitive-behavioural psychotherapy in subjects at high risk for bipolar disorders: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-21.
- Rubin, Theodore I., M.D.; “Compassion and Self-Hate: An Alternative to Despair. Ballantine Books. New York, NY. 1975.
- Saha, S. Avoidable vs. non-avoidable causes of deaths in schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. Mar2013, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p171-172. 2p. DOI: 10.1111/acps.12060.
-Sienaert, Pascal; Lambrichts, Lore; Dols, Annemiek; De Fruyt, Jürgen, Evidence-based treatment strategies for treatment-resistant bipolar depression: a systematic review, Bipolar Disorders. Feb2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61-69. 9p. 3 Charts.
-Welge, Jeffrey A; DelBello, Melissa P, Treatment of youth with bipolar disorder: long-term versus maintenance, Bipolar Disorders. Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p150-152. 3p
- Zaretsky AE, Canadian Journal Of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne De Psychiatrie, 2007 Jan; Vol. 52