If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Boyd, Brian, Examining the relationship between stress and lack of social support in mothers of children with autism, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Winter 2002, Vol. 17, Issue 4.
- Bloch, Judith S. & Joan D. Weinstein, Families of Young Children with Autism; Social Work in Mental Health, 2010, Vol. 8, Issue 1, p 23
- DiSalvo, Carla & Donald Oswald; Peer-Mediated interventions to increase the social interaction of children with autism: consideration of peer expectancies; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Winter 2002, Vol. 17, Issue 4.
- Ellawadi, Allison Bean; Weismer, Susan Ellis. Assessing Gestures in Young Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research. Apr2014, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p524-531. 8p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/2013_JSLHR-L-12-0244.
- Fein, Deborah; Barton, Marianne; Eigsti, Inge-Marie; Kelley, Elizabeth; Naigles, Letitia; Schultz, Robert T.; Stevens, Michael; Helt, Molly; Orinstein, Alyssa; Rosenthal, Michael; Troyb, Eva; Tyson, Katherine. Optimal outcome in individuals with a history of autism. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry. Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p195-205. 11p. 1 Diagram, 7 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12037.
-Franco, Jessica H.; Davis, Barbara L.; Davis, John L. Increasing Social Interaction Using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching With Nonverbal School-Age Children With Autism. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p489-502. 14p. 4 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/10-0103).
- Greenspan, Stanley I., M.C. and Serena Wieder, Ph.D. Engaging Autism. Da Capo Press. Cambridge, MA: 2006.
- Koegel, Lynn Kern, Ph.D. and Claire LaZebnik. Overcoming Autism. Viking Penguin. New York, NY: 2004.
- Koegel, Robert, Koegel, Lynn & Erin McNerney; Pivotal areas in intervention for autism; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology; Fall 2001, Vol. 30, Issue 1.
- Milshtein, Shahaf, Nurit Yirmiya, David oppenheim, Nina Koren-Karie, & Shlomit Levi, Resolution of the Diagnosis Among Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Associations with Child and Parent Characteristics, Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders, Jan. 2010, Vol. 40, Issue 1, p 89-99
- Mirenda, Pat; Autism, augmentative communication, and assistive technology: what do we really know?; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Oct. 2000, Vol. 30.
- Murray, Donna S. , Lisa A. Ruble, Heather Willis, & Cynthia A. Molloy, Parent and Teacher Report of Social Skills in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders, Language, Speech, & Hearing Services in Schools, April 2009, Vol. 40, Issue 2, p 109-115
- Nigam, Ravi; Dynamic assessment of graphic symbol combinations by children with autism; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Fall 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 3.
- Reddy, Vasudevi, Williams, Emma & Amy Vaughan, Sharing humour and laughter in autism and down's syndrome, British Journal of Psychology, May 2002, Vol. 93, Issue 2.
- Rogers, SJ, Interventions that facilitate socialization in children with autism, Journal of Autism and Development Disorders, Oct 2000, Vol. 30.
- Shore, Stephen, Screening, The language of music: working with children on the autism spectrum; Journal of Education; 2002; Vol. 183; Issue 2.
- Siegel, Bryna, Ph.D. The World of the Autistic Child. Oxford University Press. Oxford, NY: 1996.
- Srinivasan, Sudha M.; Pescatello, Linda S.; Bhat, Anjana N. Current Perspectives on Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Children and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum Disorders. Physical Therapy. Jun2014, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p875-889. 15p. 1 Diagram, 5 Charts. DOI: 10.2522/ptj.20130157.
- Storch, Eric A.; Arnold, Elysse B.; Lewin, Adam B.; Nadeau, Josh M.; Jones, Anna M.; Nadai, Alessandro S. De; Mutch, P. Jane; Selles, Robert R.; Ung, Danielle; Murphy, Tanya K., The Effect of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Versus Treatment as Usual for Anxiety in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Randomized, Controlled Trial., Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Feb2013, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p132-142. 11p.
- Tarakeshwar, Nalini, & Kenneth Pargament, Religious coping in families of children with autism, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Winter 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 4.
- Wacker, David; Lee, John; Padilla Dalmau, Yaniz; Kopelman, Todd; Lindgren, Scott; Kuhle, Jennifer; Pelzel, Kelly; Dyson, Shannon; Schieltz, Kelly; Waldron, Debra. Conducting Functional Communication Training via Telehealth to Reduce the Problem Behavior of Young Children with Autism. Journal of Developmental & Physical Disabilities. Feb2013, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p35-48. 14p. DOI: 10.1007/s10882-012-9314-0