If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Banerjee, Sube; Samsi, Kritika; Petrie, Charles D.; Alvir, Jose; Treglia, Michael; Schwam, Ellias M.; Del Valle, Megan; What do we know about quality of life in dementia? A review of the merging evidence on the predictive and explanatory value of disease specific measures of health related quality of life in people with dementia; International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry; Jan. 2009; Vol. 24; Issue 1
- Douthit, Kathryn ; The Convergence of Counseling and Psychiatric Genetics: An Essential Role for Counselors; Journal of Counseling & Development, Winter 2006, Vol. 84, Issue1.
- Filley, Christopher M..; Alzheimer’s Disease: It’s Irreversible But Not Untreatable; Geriatrics; Jul. 1995; Vol. 50, Issue 7.
- Gintner, Gary G.; Differential Diagnosis in Older Adults: Dementia, Depression, and Delirium; Journal of Counseling & Development; Jan/Feb 1995, Vol. 73, Issue 3.
- Heller, Kenneth; Prevention Activities for Older Adults: Social Structures and Personal Competencies that Maintain Useful Social Roles; Journal of Counseling & Development; Nov/Dec 1993, Vol. 72, Issue 2.
- Hopper, Tammy; Bourgeois, Michelle; Pimentel, Jane; Qualls, Constance Dean; Hickey, Ellen; Frymark, Tobi; Schooling, Tracy. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review on Cognitive Interventions for Individuals With Dementia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p126-145. 20p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/11-0137).
- Kydd, Angela; Touhy, Theris; Newman, David; Fagerberg, Ingegerd; Engstrom, Gabriella. Attitudes towards caring for older people in Scotland, Sweden and the United States. Nursing Older People. Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33-40. 8p.
- Leifer; Bennett P.; Alzheimer’s Disease: Seeing the Signs Early; Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Nov. 2009; Vol. 21; Issue 11; p 588-597
- Malone, Daniel C.; McLaughlin, Trent P.; Wahl, Peter M.; Leibman, Christopher; Arrighi, H. Michael; Cziraky, Mark J.; Mucha, Lisa M; Burden of Alzheimer’s Disease and Association with Negative Health Outcomes; American Journal of Managed Care; August 2009; Vol. 15; Issue 8; p 481-487
- Min, Lillian; Wenger, Neil; Walling, Anne M.; Blaum, Caroline; Cigolle, Christine; Ganz, David A.; Reuben, David; Shekelle, Paul; Roth, Carol; Kerr, Eve A. When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care Index. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Apr2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p542-550. 9p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12160.
- Myers, Jane & Melanie Harper.; Evidence-Based Effective Practices With Older Adults; Journal of Counseling & Development, Spring 2004, Vol. 82, Issue 2.
- Pocnet, Cornelia; Rossier, Jérôme; Antonietti, Jean-Philippe; Gunten, Armin. Personality traits and behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients at an early stage of Alzheimer's disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p276-283. 8p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1002/gps.3822.
- Quinn, Catherine; Anderson, Daniel; Toms, Gill; Whitaker, Rhiannon; Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor; Jones, Carys; Clare, Linda. Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study). Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-18. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-74.
- Schwiebert, Valerie, Myers, Jane, & Carol Dice; Ethical Guidelines for Counselors Working with Older Adults; Journal of Counseling & Development, Spring 2000, Vol. 78, Issue 2.
- Tuokko, H., & P. Maccourt; Home Alone with Dementia; Aging & Mental Health; Feb 1999, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Welfel, Elizabeth, Danzinger, Paula, & Sheila Santoro; Mandated Reporting of Abuse/Maltreatment of Older Adults: A Primer for Counselors; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78, Issue 3.
- Werth, J., Gordon, J., & R. Johnson; Psychosocial Issues Near the End of Life; Aging & Mental Health; Nov. 2002, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
- Zarit, S. & S.A. Leitsch; Developing and Evaluating Community Based Intervention Programs for Alzheimer’s Patients and their Caregivers; Aging & Mental Health; May 2001; Vol. 5, Issue 2.