If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Beck, Robert L.; The couple assessment summary: a bridge from assessment to treatment; American Journal of Psychotherapy, Winter 2000, Vol. 54, Issue 1.
- Bergner, Raymond, Love and Barriers to Love; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Winter 2000; Vol. 54; Issue 1.
- Carter MSW, Betty and Joan K Peters; Love, Honor, and Negotiate: Making Your Marriage Work; Pocket Books: New York; 1996
- Corliss, Richard, Steptoe, Sonja & Amanda Bower, The marriage savers, Time, Fall 2001, Jan 2004, Vol. 163, Issue 3.
- Donahey, Karen, & Scott Miller, Applying a common factors perspective to sex therapy, Journal of Sex Education & Therapy, 2000, Vol. 25, Issue 4.
- Dym, Barry & Michael Glenn; Couples: Exploring and Understanding the Cycles of Intimate Relationships; HarperCollins Publishers; New York; 1993.
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104.
- Gostečnik, Christian, Repic, Tanja; Relational Marital Paradigm; American Journal of Psychotherapy, 00029564, 2009, Vol. 63, Issue 1.
- Greenberg, Leslie; Warwar, Serine; Malcolm, Wanda; Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy and the Facilitation of Forgiveness; Journal of Marital & Family Therapy, January 2010, Vol 36 Issue 1, p28
- Harvard College, President and Fellows of; Helping couples deal with medical challenges: Various types of couples therapy offer different approaches and coping strategies, Harvard Health Publications; Harvard Mental Health Letter, Nov 2010.
- Johnson, Susan & Aviva Patz; Save your relationship; Psychology Today; Mar/Apr 2003, Vol. 36, Issue 2.
-Kauffman, Carol; Silberman, Jordan; Finding and fostering the positive in relationships: positive interventions in couples therapy; Journal of Clinical Psychology, May 2009, Vol 65 Issue 5, p520
- Leveton, Eva, Escaping the blame frame: experimental techniques with couples, Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.
- Markman, Howard J, Scott M. Stanley, and Susan L. Blumberg; Fighting for Your Marriage; Jossey-Bass: San Francisco; 2001
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames: Areas of Conflict in the Intimte Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100.
-Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A theoretical review of the differential effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18.
- Rich EdD MSW, Phil and Stuart A. Copans MD; The Healing Journey for Couples: Your Journey of Mutual Discovery; John Wiley & Sons, Inc: New York; 1998
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More mental health problems after divorce in couples with high pre-divorce alcohol consumption than in other divorced couples: results from the HUNT-study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11.
- Rosenblatt, Paul C.; Rieks, Samantha J.; No Compromise: Couples Dealing with Issues for Which They Do Not See a Compromise; American Journal of Family Therapy, June 2009, Vol 37 Issue 3, p196.
- Scheinkman CSW, Michele and Mona Dekoven Fishbane PhD; The Vulnerability Cycle: Working with Impasses in Couple Therapy; Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 279
- Symonds PhD, Dianne and Adam O Horvath EdD; Optimizing the Alliance in Couple Therapy; Family Process; Dec 2004; Vol 43, No. 4; p. 443
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41.
- Waldman, Ken & Luis Rubalcava, Psychotherapy with intercultural couples: a contemporary psychodynamic approach?, American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2005, Vol. 59, Issue 3.
- Wiener, Daniel J., & Laurie Pels-Roulier, Action methods in marriage and family therapy: a review, Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, & Sociometry, Summer 2005, Vol. 58, Issue 2.