If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Barth, Richard P.; Adoption Research: Building Blocks for the Next Decade; Child Welfare; Sep/Oct1994; Vol. 73 Issue 5
- Bradley, Carla, Hawkins-Leon, Cynthia G.; The Transracial Adoption Debate: Counseling and Legal Implications; Journal of Counseling and Development; Fall 2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4
- Crea, Thomas and Richard P. Barth; Patterns and Predictors of Adoption Openness and Contact; 14 Years Postadoption; Family Relations; December 2009; Vol. 58; Issue 5; p. 607
- Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents; Pediatrics; Feb2002, Part 1 of 2, Vol. 109, Issue 2
- Dennis, Alicia. The Little Couple Our Adoption Journey. People. 5/13/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p96.
- Edelstein, Susan B., Burge, Dorli, Waterman, Jill; Older Children in Preadoptive Homes: Issues Before Termination of Parental Rights; Child Welfare; Mar/Apr 2002; Vol. 81 Issue 2
- Farr, Rachel H. and Charlotte J. Patterson; Transracial Adoption by Lesbian, Gay, and Heterosexual Couples: Who completes Transracial Adoptions and With What Results?; Adoption Quarterly; December 2009; Vol. 12; Issue ¾; p 187
- Festinger, Trudy; After Adoption: Dissolution or Permanence?; Child Welfare; May/Jun 2002, Vol. 81 Issue 3
- Harf, Aurélie; Skandrani, Sara; Radjack, Rahmeth; Sibeoni, Jordan; Moro, Marie Rose; Revah-Levy, Anne. First Parent-Child Meetings in International Adoptions: A Qualitative Study. PLoS ONE. Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1-8.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Keating, Susan; Egan, Nicole Weisensee. An Unbreakable Family. People. 9/16/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p60.
- Macdonald, Mandi; Mcsherry, Dominic. Constrained adoptive parenthood and family transition: adopters' experience of unplanned birth family contact in adolescence. Child & Family Social Work. Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p87-96.
-Maskew, Trish. Our Own: Adopting and Parenting the Older Child. Snowcap Press: Longmount, CO, 1999.
- Paulsen, Charlotte and Joseph R. Merighi; Adoption Preparedness, Cultural Engagement, and Parental Satisfaction in Intercountry Adoption; March 2009; Vol. 12; Issue 1; p 1
-Roby, Jini L., Shaw, Stacesy A.; The African Orphan Crisis and International Adoption; Social Work; Jul2006, Vol. 51 Issue 3
- Rushton, Alan, Monck, Elizabeth; Enhancing Adoptive Parenting: Devising Promising Interventions; Child & Adolescent Mental Health; Feb 2006, Vol. 11, Issue 1
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Ryan, Scott D., Pearlmutter, Sue, Groza, Victor; Coming Out of the Closet: Opening Agencies to Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Parents; Social Work; Jan2004, Vol. 49 Issue 1
- Siegel, Deborah H. Open Adoption: Adoptive Parents' Reactions Two Decades Later. Social Work. Jan2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p43-52.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
-Varon, Lee. Adopting on Your Own. Farrar, Strauss and Giroux: New York, NY, 2000.
- Yngvesson, Barbara; Refiguring Kinship in the Space of Adoption; Anthropological Quarterly; Spring 2007; Vol. 80, Issue 2